UVB sunbed hire in Glasgow

Posted Mon 25 Nov 2019 6.59pm by chiquay
I have had psoraisis for 2 years. I am a 52 year old man. It started with a few odd spots on my scalp and has spread to my body.

Hi folks. I underwent UVB light therapy for 8 weeks at my local hospital and it almost completely cleared the psoriasis. I bought a sunbed (well and old sunbed, as they come up very cheap on Gumtree or ebay - people buy them and just do not have the space) and invested in Philips UVB tubes. Not cheap at 70 pounds each, but, oh my word, can we put a price on being clear?

Anyway, my sunbed is in the Western Isles and I am in Argentina for a few weeks. The psoriasis has started to return. I am back in Glasgow for 4 weeks over Christmas and New Year and want to hire a UVB sunbed. They are available in other parts of the UK but I cannot locate one that is near Glasgow. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

As an aside, being a lucky guy, I am off to Madagascar for 3 months after the New Year. My fifth time there where I teach English as a volunteer. The psoriasis clears rapidly with the sunshine and swimming in the Indian Ocean - but I want to be reasonably clear before going. We all know the self-concious horror of taking off our clothes on the beach! I have tan-through swimming shorts.

All help appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 2019 2.25pm by Mrsp166
Hey I’m Lisa and I’ve had psoriasis for most of my life.

Hi there

I currently live near Glasgow and had this very same problem! I ended up buying a 6ft 4 tube narrowband uvb lamp from EBay for under £600. It can be folded away in storage for when not needed and it saves the 3 days a week going to the hospital for it!

It has been a lifesaver for me!

Lisa.

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
WhatsApp :
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation Number: 1180666 Scotland: SC049563 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.