Ilumetri (Tildrakizumab)

Posted Thu 5 Dec 2019 10.51 by TomCel

Hello I'm quite far down the line when it comes to psoraisis treatments...done the creams, light treatment, strong pills and methrotrexate injections..... Light treatment worked a treat and I loved the tan, but alas that had to come to an end. Fumaderm worked wonders too, but apparently my immune system took a beating so i had to stop. My latest treatment which i have only just started is an Ilumetri injection. I have only had one injection, 3 weeks ago and I'm hoping it'll be successful. I'm wondering if anyone else has used this and with what results? As yet i have not seen any improvement, but obviously (i assume), it's early days. Thanks for any comments or advice :)

Posted Tue 21 Jan 2020 18.07 by Essexgran
Lifelong symptoms but with recent severe widespread flare ups

Hello, watch this space! I'm due to start on Ilumetri early next month so we'll be able to compare results.I understand this is a new treatment so there probably won't be many people on it yet. Like you, Ive been through all the levels of treatments: topical creams, light treatment, various tablets and Imraldi injections. As always, I'm hopeful this will be a game changer. Have you had any side effects yet? I'm a bit nervous. Best of luck!

Posted Tue 21 Jan 2020 20.37 by TomCel

Hello Essexgran. I've had the first injections, the next ones two weeks later and now await my 12 week ones sometime in February. First time I've had the proper injections, had the methotrexate pen previously. I find injecting is pretty straightforward. As for results, I feel the flare ups are less and the plaque build up less too. Some of the patches of red seen to have broken up but I was expecting and hoping for much quicker results. I will have to be patient I guess. I have had no real side effects apart from maybe the runny nose, although we are in winter 😉 Good luck to you too Gran 🙂

Posted Mon 10 Feb 2020 16.09 by Essexgran

I had my first Ilumetri injection today. I'm having the second in four weeks and then will go onto 12 weekly injections. Now all I can do is wait!

Posted Mon 10 Feb 2020 22.08 by TomCel

Good luck Essex Gran. My psoriasis seems to have slowly calmed down and is fading. Looking forward to my first 12 week injections in March. Hope you see good results 😊

Posted Wed 19 Feb 2020 11.47 by PsoAdminMod

Hi all, We have created an information sheet for Ilumetri (Tildrakizumab) which you might find helpful. You can find it here; https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/media/InformationSheets/Ilumetri_Tildrakizumab_.pdf Best Wishes, Amber, Psoriasis Association

Posted Thu 20 Feb 2020 10.42 by Essexgran

Thank you! It’s good to have extra information, as there isn’t much around yet.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 2020 17.48 by Essexgran

On the advice of my hospital, I have been "shielding" due to my 12 weekly Ilumetri injections plus my having asthma and high blood pressure and being 70 this year ! My dilemma is that I am due my next injection in early June. I really, really don't know whether to have this injection. My worry is that I will be condemning myself to another 12 weeks of social isolation. The thing that twists the knife is that my skin is wonderful- almost completely clear. Is anyone else facing this dilemma?

Posted Mon 27 Apr 2020 18.05 by TomCel

Wow that's great regarding your skin EG!! Mine has sort of got slightly better, this lovely weather is probably more the reason 😊 I am due my next injections towards the end of May. I am wondering what happens too and also awaiting delivery of the injections. I would get in touch with whoever arranges your injections. I believe you should continue your treatment, although I'm no expert. Scott.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 2020 17.06 by Essexgran

Thanks for your post. Hope your injection pack arrives ok. I'm intending to phone the hospital in mid May to seek advice. I'll then have to think... EG

To take part, sign in or register with us