My Baby Boy has been diagnosed with Psoriasis

Posted Sat 7 Dec 2019 11.45 by Musa_Kaleem (edited Sat 7 Dec 2019 11.55 by Musa_Kaleem)

Hi Everyone ! My 11 month old baby boy has been diagnosed with Psoriasis. It was all fine until 12th of november last month, on the morning of 13 november we noticed some red spots on his cheeks, it resembled slapped cheek syndrome and after a discussion with a paediatrician we gave him some medication for symptomatic relief, when it began to grow we took him to a consultant who prescribed steroid cream and diagnosed atopic dermatitis , after we started using the cream it subsided on the face but rapidly grew on the body and now the flakes started to appear we rushed for an appointment with a Dermatologist ( who is one of the top guys in here ) that is when he made the diagnosis that it was Psoriasis(this was on 30 of Nov ),i felt as if the earth shook beneath me .. my beautiful baby boy .. me and his mum have been crying ever since , we cannot bear to see him crying all night, and he has a beautiful face which is now red around his cheeks, the dermatologist prescribed Daivobet ointment ( which is a combination of calcipotriol and betamethasone) , Bepanthol lotion for 3 weeks along with an anti biotic and anti histamine for 1 week. His mum and me, we have been praying and crying non stop since that day , his affected sometimes gets better but then it becomes red again , we observed that it is as if completely healed in the morning but by evening It goes back to being red .. It has been one week since we started the treatment and it is much better but it keeps oscillating , sometimes it is better sometimes it gets worse, I have some questions to ask My baby has been diagnosed with plaque Psoriasis , and it started on his face , we are praying for a complete recovery or may a case of misdiagnosis , but i want to ask what are the chances that even if he has the disease it will not effect his face and be on his body only ? Secondly i user a herbal lotion instead of bepanthol , is bepanthol better or should i continue to use the herbal one ? We are in extreme agony and pain , may the Creator heal our baby and deliver us from this heartache.

Posted Tue 10 Dec 2019 01.46 by raja123

Hi Sorry to hear , I can understand your pain . They say that baby psoriasis will go away and might reoccur at later age . it is unfortunate really , sometime it goes away on it own , but we cannot say . I have had it for 30 years now , all i can say is good diet habits will keep it at bay , As he grows up , please don't give him any sugary food , minimize bakery food that itself should wipe out psoriasis . Generally psoriasis affects knees and elbows and later on legs and scalps . there has been a lot or research and new medications are very effective . so dont worry , by the time your son grows up there will be a medication that will cure it

To take part, sign in or register with us