Guttate hell

Posted Fri 3 Jan 2020 16.26 by VIRGOGIRL

Hello everyone and a Happy New Year. I am new to this and not engaged before in Forums as I think I have always had a 'Denial' approach to my Psoriasis. I had them since Childhood but recently I have had a nasty attack of Guttate Psoriasis. As a rule I have had plaque psoriasis so this is new. It comes off the back of starting a new relationship and I was so stressed and full of anxiety about telling him and showing him my psoriasis that I used the foam Enstilar. Problem with this stuff is that it can clear your psoriasis but then it can come back worse which it did and now I am covered in Guttate psoriasis, no boyfriend and sore. Looking for solutions at perhaps hiring a UVB sun bed or trying to get some sun and salt water. Reading a few of the comments it seem Guttate psoriasis can clear up in a matter of months. Is this true? Anyone who has advice it will be greatly received. I can feel my psoriasis hurting as I rest ,y lap top on my thighs. I know there are others worse off in life, at least I can walk and get about but because this desease is so visual it can keep you holed up anyway. But finishing on a positive note at least I am engaging now and coming out off denial. Thanks Vanessa

Posted Fri 3 Jan 2020 19.05 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Vanessa, I am now 62 years old. I first had plaque psoriasis at Uni aged 22. In 2018 after a hip replacement I came out in guttate all over my trunk and in my scalp. I used various things to try and reduce the itching etc, but it DID clear up after 6-7 months, just as my GP had said it often did.

Posted Sat 4 Jan 2020 07.26 by Kate

Good morning. I'm new to this forum. I suffer from mild guttate, my scalp is the worse. The soles of my feet started peeling, I cut an aloe vera plant and rubbed the gel on. It dissapeared after one trial. I'm yet to try it on my scalp. It started under my nails, which I soaked in Apple cider vinegar. Very effective. As for my skin, my GP prescribed Omeprazole for my stomach problems and I was shocked to find out it cleared my skin and scalp. As soon as I stopped my P came back with a vengeance. It may not work for everyone.

To take part, sign in or register with us