psoriasis and the groin

Posted Mon 13 Jan 2020 23.42 by notjustmedication
scalp > limbs > total torso

experience of psoriasis between thigh and testicle treating with olive oil and daily baths Ed

Posted Mon 3 Feb 2020 04.01 by Julation
I work for a pharma company and I am a writter

Hello, I also have it at groin and I relieve symptoms by putting Ihle's paste (that thick paste you use on baby’s butt). It works like a charm. I also have it under the breasts and I found that Ihle's paste worked very well. You can also try zinc as well. You just put a tiny bit and it calms the burning sensation.

Posted Tue 4 Feb 2020 10.44 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I used to suffer from a flare up around every six weeks (experienced this for 30+years). It seemed to be a combination of psoriasis (inverse psoriasis) and a fungal element. It would not clear fully if treated with only an anti-fungal ointment. I found that a combination of Trimovate and Elecon ( each used sparingly) cleared it in 5-7 days. Later, I discovered that if i dust my groin with a medicated anti-fungal powder after every shower, the outbreaks are now about every 6 -9 months only. It seems that if I can prevent the fungal outbreak, the psoriasis does not recur. I used to use cuticura powder, and when it was available in plastic containers I could squeeze them to "puff" the powder where needed. Now it is only available in metal containers. I now used "Gold Bond" medicated powder.

Posted Mon 7 Sep 2020 13.58 by Tralalal02

I have a bit in the groin but the itch only comes and goes. I have never had it here before but I have had an outbreak in the usual places eg knees and elbows so it seems a coincidence. Moisturising it seems to help E45 especially after a bath or shower.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 2020 19.13 by DREECE1

Mine got infected especially in the butt crack area this summer. I was seen by a doctor in person (surprise). I was prescribed fucibet and vit d analogue ointment silkis. Both seem to help but no cure you need to continue with the treatment. The butt crack area is very nasty sometimes. Sorry to share that but if you have psoriasis in the groin area it can be extremely nasty because they are all in the same area. When infected i thought thats it times up if i smell like that.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 2020 19.56 by Tralalal02

The itching just seems to come and go. Watching it. I may look into some of the above suggestions Thank you all

To take part, sign in or register with us