Worried re immune system and corona virus

Posted Sat 28 Mar 2020 09.13 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Guys, not sure if this will help but my clinic sent this to patients yesterday. We are aware that many of our patients with severe skin conditions are on medicines that affect their immune system. If you are taking a medicine that affects your immune system please refer to updated government guidance regarding social distancing and shielding of at risk individuals. See www.gov.uk for guidance on shielding and protecting extremely vulnerable persons from covid 19. We are actively reviewing your case and we will be in touch if we identify you as an extremely vulnerable patient. If you have already received advice to shield please follow this until otherwise advised. Please do not contact us regarding your risk, we will be in contact with you. Please only contact us for urgent medical advice. This is an automatic message, please do not reply to this number.

Posted Sat 28 Mar 2020 09.31 by Gothiccrystal

Where about in the UK are you? I’ve still heard nothing

Posted Sat 28 Mar 2020 09.40 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Clinic is London. Guys and St Thomas I actually had a call from consultant a few weeks ago as I had refused a delivery of new biologic due to coronavirus, and he agreed I should NOT start a new treatment as long as I felt I could cope with topicals x

To take part, sign in or register with us