Treatment Suggestions

Posted Tue 17 Mar 2020 13.56 by kalina

Hello, I am 19, I have had psoriasis since 16 where a private doctor diagnosed it, that has been dismissed for dandruff for years by NHS (I don’t know how!) till I was around 18. Now most of my scalp has moderate to severe psoriasis. I have attempted treatments and nothing prescribed has work apart from stereoids which doctors now refuse to prescribe. I have an appointment 2 months away. In this time my psoriasis is completely untreated and spreading at a fast pace, I am terrified of it reaching my face and struggle to sleep at night because of this. Can anyone suggest any over the counter treatments that work for them? I tried Coal tarr but my psoriasis completely ignored it, I would leave it for a few minutes as said on the box. Not sure if maybe I should leave it longer as I heard some leave it for hours. Any help would be appreciated! Really scared :(

Posted Sat 28 Mar 2020 09.18 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

I find applying coconut oil overnight (wrap cling film round you head) helps with plaque build up. If you can't get coconut oil, try olive oil. Rub into patches and again wrap overnight in cling film. Doesn't do much for your image but it does help with plaque removal. You do still need a treatment to use after and your GP can supply a vitamin D based prescription instead of steroid xx

To take part, sign in or register with us