Just started Acitretin, P getting worse!! can i use dovobet etc??

Posted Fri 27 Mar 2020 13.52 by Louisesingsjazz

Hi, ive jusy started Acitretin (5 days now) im on 10mg for 2 weeks then will go up to 25mg. My P is flaring quite badly, im so itchy and dry and P is even appearing on my face!!! Around my nose and eyebrows. Can i use dovonex or Daivobet while im on acitretin?? I also have a metallic taste in my mouth and super chapped lips (as expected) :( Thanks, louise

1 Posted Fri 27 Mar 2020 13.56 by Heather

Although I am not on your medication. But I think with all biologics you can use topical ointments as well. But dont use a strong steroid on your face etc. I use eumovate for delicate areas. Good luck and hope it clears soon

Posted Fri 27 Mar 2020 14.09 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Fri 27 Mar 2020 16.35 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Louise: I would STRONGLY recommend you to ask your doctor or whoever prescribed the Acitretin. They would be far better placed to advise you of any limitations or things to watch out for than random strangers on here. It might well be perfectly OK to use dovobet, but whoever is looking after your treatment might want to know that you are using it, or give you advice.

1 Posted Fri 27 Mar 2020 14.13 by Heather

We are only using our own experience and what we have been told Of course its obvious that you would always seek.medical help

Posted Mon 30 Mar 2020 16.14 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Whilst on acitretin for many years, I was also prescribed dovobet. I would ask the OP have they recently come off another med to cause a flare up? Five days isn't long enough for the drug to see full positive effects. As stated seek professional support if concerned.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 2020 09.00 by scarletsmummy

I have been on Acitretin for 4 months now and I wished i had never gone on it there are so many side effects some of which are unbearable , I have constantly tacky skin , I have completely lost all my body hair including eyebrows and Lashes and my hair on my head is falling out in clumps . and my lips are so sore i can hardly eat ( dermatologist recommended Nipple cream and it has eased a bit and is better than any lip sticks or vasaline ) I am concerned re my hair though but i also worry about just stopping the tablets ... I suggest that anyone taking or about to take read some of the side effects of this drug

To take part, sign in or register with us