Introduction

Posted Mon 30 Mar 2020 12.13 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hello. I came across the website whilst researching our disease plus the current Covid situation. Found it very useful and informative thank you. Anyway I have suffered with P for over 30 years, starting as a teen. Started on the usual topical creams which frankly were useless. Within the next two years had three long term in patient stays and treated with tar baths uva and dithranol. Such a horrible time. Docs then prescribed acitretin for well over ten years. I hated the side effects of that drug. Around 2008, I underwent two sessions of UVB, one successful, the other lead to a major flare. Move onto cyclosporin and methotrexate for ten years which in the main proved successful but was finding the nausea hard at times. So to current day, where I have been receiving stelara injections since Nov 19 and to date all is well, with more or less total clearance. I still mousturise daily and sparingly use dovobet. Like many sufferers. I am anxious with the current Covid situation. Thanks

Posted Tue 31 Mar 2020 17.04 by Mike Quigley - 57 from

Hi Stevie. Same here anxious as hell as I am aware we are more susceptible to it due to our immune system being compromised. But we got to stay positive and look after ourselves and stay in doors and avoid contact with others. Tough I know but we got to do it.

Posted Wed 1 Apr 2020 16.52 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Thanks Mike, I am classed as an essential worker (not emergency or health care). I haven't received a letter yet, although only being on the one med I don't think I will receive one. Stay safe.

To take part, sign in or register with us