Enstilar Foam

Posted Tue 7 Apr 2020 22.28 by Arsenal2020

Good evening, I hope everyone is keeping well. I appreciate there has been a few posts on this before; I have small spot like patches of psoriasis all over my arms, legs and back. I have been perscribed Enstilar Foam but am finding it really difficult to sleep with it applied at it is greasy and goes all over my bed sheets. Can I put it on and then wait a little while for it to 'soak in' then wash it off in shower? I just want peoples opinions on how the use it! TIA

Posted Tue 7 Apr 2020 23.41 by Skittles

Hi By the sounds of it, I have similar amounts of psoriasis to you.. I have been using Enstilar foam for about 2 years and found it the most effective of the many many treatments I have tried, To have the most desired effect for myself it needs to be applied twice daily, morning and night. If you wash it off it’s a total waste of treatment, it needs to stay on.. Apply a little less at night, just enough to cover your parches,than you would in the morning and it shouldn’t be too bad on your sheets. As I said before it’s the best treatment for me, an absolute godsend, It’s the same as Dovobet but a lot less greasy, which is like smearing Vaseline all over your sheets. Hope this helps

Posted Fri 22 May 2020 19.51 by Steven82

I’ve found spraying it on after a shower in the morning and then wearing an under armour or long sleeved cotton top the best way. Means it’s dried in for nighttime. Maybe worth buying some cheap long sleeved tops as it will effect the clothes over time.

Posted Tue 2 Jun 2020 15.53 by Bradleigh

I have found enstilar amazing. Really helps but the greasiness is an issue. I have a set of PJ's that I keep purely for days I treat my skin.

Posted Thu 4 Jun 2020 14.14 by Dave

My first four weeks using enstillar foam cleared perfectly but it came back a while later. My second session with the foam hasn't turned out so good, is this normal?

Posted Sat 13 Jun 2020 08.00 by Pladecalvo

My dermatologist said that I mustn't expose my skin to sunlight with Estilar. Anyone else heard that? Arsenal2020: I use ISDIN Psorisdin Emollient at night. It's not greasy and I find that it's very effective at reducing the redness and stops the itching. You might also try a cream called CLOVATE for the night. It's not greasy and only a fraction of the price of ESTILAR though it's more for applying to small areas so if you have a lot of spots it probably won't be much good. Note: I live in Spain so CLOVATE might be called something else where you live.

To take part, sign in or register with us