Cut out drinking/smoking..P has cleared?

Posted Mon 13 Apr 2020 00.40 by susanc

So since Covid-19 began I stopped taking cyclosporine because I was a bit worried about being immunocompromised (I had to go through several American airports to get home so I was worried about the risk!!). I then haven't drunk any alcohol or smoked, and I have been eating super healthy. This (plus not taking the meds) has been going on for a month now. And my P is the best its looked in about three years.. not entirely clear but none of my spots are red/aggravated. Has anyone else found this? And was it cutting the cyclo or the lifestyle change that did it?? Would love to hear anyone's opinions.

Posted Wed 29 Apr 2020 17.07 by FlakinStevens

Hi! Glad to hear your P is looking better! I quit smoking about 3/4 weeks ago, very rarely drink but stared eating a lot healthier, can’t say I’ve noticed any difference but I can definitely breathe easier! I’ll give it a bit more time and report back :) Flakin’

Posted Wed 29 Apr 2020 17.42 by Lawrence Bird

I've never smoked a cigarette in my life but I did start drinking about 4 years ago. I started drinking after accepting a Branch Manager's position at the pest control company I worked for at the time. I believe the stress of that position is what triggered my psoriasis from just a few spots on my elbows to 40% of my entire body and the subsequent drinking surely didn't help. Thankfully I escaped that horrible job but sadly the drinking and very progressive psoriasis has continued. I do believe in my heart that if I stopped drinking, which is ALL hard liquor, (Not a beer fan), my psoriasis would ease. But of course that's easier said than done.

To take part, sign in or register with us