Diet with psoriasis?? Help please

Posted Thu 23 Apr 2020 19.45 by Heidiloobylou75

Hey, I was on the wonder drug ,, did well for 8 weeks or so and made me fatigued and general ill like. Tried mtx, did nothing. Now on apremilst, prob past 8/9 months. After light therapy, which worsened. Apremilst seemed to work and then doesn’t, like intermittent, quite strange, hardly drink so gonna go tee total. Bad migraine last week after a echo falls Pinot. So put off.... DIET... looking at diet to heal my skin from within, that’s the plan...as read up food can trigger.....Egg plant family, so my fav food ever, potatoes Is off menu! Not a tomato lover but can stomach it in curries etc, which now will be out... aubergines also, which I like, not love, so won’t miss that. That did flare my skin up when I made a Sw meal using it.. but I need some help ideas what can eat if folk have experienced good results watching diet. ? Years ago I had a food testing and tomatoes, acidity foods were ones to avoid. Is it worth doing another?dairy Ive read is a good to avoid? So what best milk? ,oat/ almond? I’ve reactions to soya. Sorry this is long message. Today I bought some Bragg’s with mother, apple cider vinegar. Hoping that helps, Much love H xx

Posted Wed 17 Jun 2020 16.35 by Mindful not Mind Full!!

Hi, after trying steroids for years I've now gone done the diet route. I started off with guttate psoriasis 10 years ago and that turned into plaque psoriasis and then into psoriasis arthritis. I quit both alcohol and gluten a fortnight ago and my skin has cleared immensely. I've now upped my game to exclude caffeine, salt, nightshades, processed foods and refined sugars. But included more bio yoghurt, oily fish, blueberries, white meats, and plenty of greens into my diet. Add plenty of exercise and meditation... #healthygut #mindfulnotmindfull

Posted Sun 19 Jul 2020 11.28 by modab

Hi I am trying same.. and still working on it, at moment looking at detox diet, leaky gut.. and herbal remedies about milk.. i find alternating rice/coconut/almond is good and oat i make myself. food not to eat.. i read that also peppers, chillies etc might cause flare ups :( In addition to mindful advice I would add eating variety of veggies and fruit locally grown and in season.

Posted Sat 25 Jul 2020 10.19 by Say_it

@Heidiloobylou75 I m eating everything but when psoriasis strikes then I'm on the diet. Try it you-self. Usually two three month Im eating from that list only nothing else. Bear in mind only strict diet. no booze, no sugars, no junk food, no kebabs etc. 1. Low sugar fruits: Lemon, limes, berries. 2.Non-starchy vegetables: Asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, celery, cucumber, eggplant, onion, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes and rutabaga (best if eaten raw or steamed). 3. Gluten-free grains: Millet, quinoa, oat bran and buckwheat. 4. High-quality protein: Chicken, eggs, salmon, turkey and sardines (organic, pasture-raised and wild-caught varieties are best). 5. Avocado, olives, unrefined coconut oil, flax oil, extra-virgin olive oil and sesame oil. 6. Certain dairy products: Butter, ghee, organic kefir or plain yogurt. 7. Nuts and seeds low in mold: Almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut or flaxseed. 8. Herbs and spices: Black pepper, salt, cinnamon, dill, garlic, ginger, oregano, rosemary, paprika, turmeric and thyme. 9. Condiments: Apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos and sauerkraut. 10. No-sugar sweeteners: Stevia, erythritol and xylitol. 11. Non-caffeinated beverages: Herbal teas, chicory coffee, filtered water, homemade almond milk, coconut milk (look for one without additives) and water infused with lemon or lime.

To take part, sign in or register with us