LED light masks for psoriasis on face

Posted Sun 26 Apr 2020 11.12 by Chrissayeth (edited Sun 26 Apr 2020 11.14 by Chrissayeth)

Hi all, I am one of the unfortunate rare cases that I suffer with psoriasis on my face. I have embarrassing red patches on my nose, forehead and under my eyes. During covid 19 I have embraced the fact I can go without wearing makeup to see if that alleviates it but it's still there. I have been using a cream I purchased online which hs helped reduce redness but recently found out its illegal and contains steroids, its called zudaifu. So to my disappointment Ive had to stop using it now, especially as it would be dangerous to use on my face. I have looked into using light, I've never accessed light therapy but what with covid 19 I can't be bothered trying to get into doctors and hospitals now and will look into home treatments. I recently discovered on Amazon these LED light therapy masks. They are not uvb but I have found some research that says blue LED light does help with redness and psoriasis. So I thought, I wonder if it will work? It is primarily advertised to help acne and there are no reviews from psoriasis sufferers so I thought I would ask on here before I buy to whether you think it would be worth trying? I will post the link here so you can see what it's all about https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K9LPRFQ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_W2vPEbXJ81952 Thank you and I appreciate your time

Posted Sun 26 Apr 2020 15.05 by horace77

Please go online and look at the national psoriasis foundation in the USA. They have online a downloadable big article (25 pages) on phototherapy. You can buy a hand held light made by people like phillips BUT do not use it without advice from a dermatologist since overuse can lead to skin cancer. Be careful!!!!! You need to be careful and do not self medicate because you can cause yourself problems with such as steroid cream. I sent photos by e mail to my doctor who then prescribed; hopefully yours will be as helpful. I also take a hot bath every morning in Dead Sea Salt water (Amazon £20/20kg) and it helps, I even duck my face in the water.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 2020 16.43 by PGN

Hello I too, have psoriasis on my face - first time on the face in the 45 years that I have had P (I've had it EVERYWHERE but the face prior to this). I've been using a red light LED mask (it's a cosmetic treatment mask, not specifically for P so I know I am taking a risk), and I think it is helping a bit, although I can't be sure. I've also been using a tincture called Thyme Out, which is a natural remedy. I don't know which is making a difference, but used together, I find they help calm the itching and the redness.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 2020 05.36 by Jll123

I have suffered for 10+ years, elbows, knees, face most recently nails (undiagnosed PSA) and upper back. I use calcipotriol on the advice of my gp on my face and I recently started having cosmetic treatments, dermaplaning sunbeds and led mask treatment and it has improved loads. Yes there is a risk with sunbeds but I only go for 5 minutes twice a week and always use a cream

To take part, sign in or register with us