Moisturiser

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 14.02 by Leyland

Over the last two years I have developed psoriasis on my face and scalp. Having tried all sorts of moisturisers I finally tried Simple soaps, creams and shampoo. Apart from the fact that it worked fairly well, it also cheap!!! Today, I can report that I barely have any infection on my face. However, I do continue to get it on parts of my scalp. I have read many people's description of medications and realise that what works for one may not for someone else . I hope this may help somebody try it out - at about £1 per bottle you've nothing to lose.

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 14.08 by scarletsmummy

I think it depends on the severity of the Psoriasis , i have had it on my scalp for nearly 30 years and i have always used Simple shampoo,conditioner,bars soap and shower gels the shampoo contains Vitamin B5 which has always been a good additive to have but i think with a lot of products when you use them for a very long time they stop doing what they did in the 1st place ( same with any creams prescribed ) I have just finished a course of acitretin tablets for my severe scalp psoriasis . It has cleared it up completey but there are so many very bad side effects i would not recommend it

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 16.53 by horace77

there are a number of moisturisers around. E45 cream; Aveeno; Eucerin. Talk to a pharmacist, hey can be very helpful if you get the right one, try several and try their recommendations, it sometimes is very personal and trial and error.

To take part, sign in or register with us