Summer Psoriasis

Posted Sun 10 May 2020 14.05 by Hathawaycaravan01
Since my first daughter born back in 1998. My mum had it herself also.

Hi, I have been having this illness for a very long time. In winter the skin so improves feels healthier. Summer comes skins get so worse I have to keep my legs wrapped up and my feet and keep it out of the sun but makes no different. I love summer but my legs and feet don’t. Anyone experience this what do you do am I the only one that clashes with the sun. It so depressing. I can’t wear shorts or skirts. Winter is a very good for my skin. Please advise?

Posted Sun 10 May 2020 15.56 by Knoz

Hi Hath' , sorry to hear of your plight. Its a very strange condition , my symptoms are the reverse, bad in winter and a bit better in the summer. In fact since i have been in self isolation my psoriasis has improved quite considerably and not just parts exposed to the sun.Sun light usually helps, could it be linked to diet being different in the summer., someone said recently that blueberrys helped. So many factors make a difference , diet, alchohol, scented shower gels , biological washing detergent, its all a process of elimination. I wish i could help you more.

To take part, sign in or register with us