Help! Severe flare up on face

Posted Tue 12 May 2020 22.16 by Charmar

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone has a miracle cure (we all wish) but really just something that will help calm my facial psoriasis so that I don't feel so horribly insecure even leaving the house at the moment. Around two years ago I was diagnosed with a rare form of psoriasis that only affects my face, I can't remember the name of it, but took two years for diagnosis with the NHS who eventually referred me for a biopsy after two years of telling me it it couldn't be eczema or psoriasis as it wouldn't just be on my face, which it turned out it was and still is. I've only been prescribed Calcitriol as didn't want to use a steroid on my face. The calcitriol kept it bearable until a couple of weeks ago when it's now spread all over my face and it's really affecting me now and my self esteem. Obviously can't go to the doctor or be referred to a dermatologist at the moment. Can anyone please suggest any kind of relief ? Thank you Hayley

Posted Wed 13 May 2020 08.59 by Heather

I use Eumovate 0.1% I think you may be able to buy over the counter now Feel for you and all that suffer Take care

Posted Wed 13 May 2020 14.37 by el2020

I have had psoriasis on/off for 15 years and have tried everything except steroid injections. Every cream, diet, UVB treatment. Some have worked on and off but I am currently experiencing the worst flare up I’ve ever had. I am currently trying HRT. I didn’t have a single patch over pregnancy or breastfeeding so thought perhaps hormones could play a part. I have also started having wheatgrass in my celery juice every morning on an empty stomach which does seem to be helping. I avoid gluten, very limited sugar, dairy and tomatoes. But I do have days I eat whatever I like. The wheatgrass is an organic powder I got from amazon

To take part, sign in or register with us