Going Vegetarian/Plant Based Food To See If It Helps My Psoriasis.

Posted Sat 13 Jun 2020 15.32 by Sarah

Hi all, I’m thinking of going vegetarian and eating plant based food to see if it helps my skin as at the mo I’m having a really bad flare up! And I’m sick of feeling and looking like this.😔 Has anyone had any good results by changing to this diet? Or any good tips? Many thanks Sarah.x

Posted Sun 14 Jun 2020 09.34 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I think the best tip is "try it for a couple of months and see if it makes any difference for YOU". Many treatments and approaches seem to improve the condition for some sufferers but make no difference for others.

Posted Sat 1 Aug 2020 21.57 by Jess26

Hey Sarah, I was diagnosed at 11/12 after a strep throat infection and had psoriasis on my face/scalp until I was 21ish. I went plant based at 21, I feel cutting out dairy made the biggest difference to my skin. I believe there is also a blood antigen test your doctor can give you to see if you are sensitive to gluten (apparently alot of p sufferers are). Start small and see if your changes are making a difference. I'm now 26 and Having a nasty flare up which is totally stress related. So diet isn't a magic bullet but I feel it can really help. I wish you all the best x

To take part, sign in or register with us