Gluten free diet and Coconut oil

Posted Fri 26 Jun 2020 13.08 by SilviaG

Hello everyone! I am new to this interesting forum. I will be 43 next month. I have had psoriasis since I was 14. Yes, for a long time! It started on my scalp, then in my ears and in the last few years on my elbow, especially the right one. My psoriasis comes and go but I have never been completely clear. It was def. better when I was living in Malta (now I live in London) due to the weather and the sea salt. Last year in November I started a gluten free diet, after reading that it would be great for psoriasis, I saw very good results after a few months. Then sadly my father passed away in March and it flared up badly...!!! I will continue eating gluten free. I started using coconut oil and it's great! The skin is so smooth. I have also bought a new shampoo and it looks like it's effective. Not sure if I can mention the brand though. Please let me know if I can. Wishing you all a great day!

Posted Thu 9 Jul 2020 21.54 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Hi Psoriasis sufferer for 35+ years. I changed my diet 6 months ago. Gluten free, low sugar, no nightshades (tomato for me is the skin devil), blueberries every day. I don't drink or smoke. Lost quite a bit of weight but psoriasis now classed as severe so the diet change did not work. However, I feel better and do not have any of the gut issues I used to have. Due to start biologics again once the abscess I have clears up. Good luck

Posted Fri 10 Jul 2020 19.03 by SilviaG

Thank you Sizzy! All the best!

Posted Wed 18 Nov 2020 16.25 by Jane

Hi Silvia I have just bought the Hannah Sillitoe book Radiant & skin heeling expert which have a lot of information in them which help you understand. I have just started her plan I am on day 2 all going well will see where I end up. Jane

To take part, sign in or register with us