Treatments I have tried

Posted Mon 29 Jun 2020 08.31 by Ghost911

I first got Psoriasis in late 1999 probably due to stress at being made redundant. Since then I have tried umpteen creams, lotions, soaps, one attempt of Chinese medicine (this was very expensive, did not work and was thoroughly disgusting), and more recently a cream called Natural Cream from Just International in Switzerland, this worked reasonably well but it was discontinued. Another cream I found on the web was Feiyunmila this cream works ok but the tubes are only 15g and although not expensive you do use a lot so not really cost effective. A few weeks ago I Googled Psoriasis creams and one listing showed a referenece to a review by a Psoriasis sufferer regarding their experience with Superdrugs own brand of Aqueous Cream. They reported that after many years of suffering with very painful P. they tried this cream and it worked superbly. I decided to give this a try and purchased 2 tubs and it seems to be working, the areas I have P. are on my elbows, knees, underside of my chin, knuckles, a patch on my side and my ears. I have noticed a reduction in the scaliness in these areas also the skin seems to be much softer now and any itching vastly reduced. I am applying this cream frequently and at £2.99 for a 500g tub (plus buy 1 get another at half price) this is I hope going to be a positive and very cost effective remedy. I will update when I have more information.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 2020 08.37 by scarletsmummy

I have had Psoriasis for the last 32 years and i have tried the Aqueous a few times but long term use all it did for me was make the plaques softer , its more of a moisturiser than a treatment . I hope you find some ease from using it though

Posted Mon 29 Jun 2020 09.19 by Ghost911

Hi scarletsmummy, Many thanks for your reply, I also tried Aqueous cream a few years ago and the one I got did just soften the areas. I know it's early days but the Superdrug cream seems to have made a significant improvement to my areas of this wretched condition. My knees, elbows, ears, underside of chin and side are vastly improved, the plaques on my knuckles are the only areas that have not responded as well. I am going to completely use up this product and see how things pan out. I will post again soon if the improvement continues.

To take part, sign in or register with us