Depression

Posted Wed 1 Jul 2020 18.56 by Donna95

I have psoriasis on the bottom of my feet and had it nearly a year now but it seems to be getting worse as the days go on. It’s got to the point where I’m struggling to walk and do day to day activities which isn’t really an option as I have a 2 year old and 9 month old twins. Waiting for dermatologist to get in touch. My question is how do you all cope? I’ve got serious depression because I’m literally house bound!

Posted Wed 1 Jul 2020 19.14 by Alex N

You have my sympathies - palmar plantar psoriasis is awful and an extremely disabling affliction. I eventually saw a dermatologist a few months after trying every cream under the sun that my GP could prescribe, all to no effect. After trying a course of light treatment (also to no effect), I was eventually prescribed Acitretin in April 2019. It was a wonder drug for me - it cleared my psoriasis within a few weeks! It wasn’t without side effects, but well worth it to get my mobility back. I gradually reduced the dose over the course of several months until I stopped taking it altogether in February this year. So far, no recurrence. The only issue for you is that it’s not suitable for women of childbearing age, so may not work for you. I was 63 when I had the condition, so not a problem. I wish you well - there is hope!

Posted Thu 2 Jul 2020 21.22 by Helen ST

Oh gosh I know exactly what you are going through. At my worst I couldn't walk and my hands were so bad I could barely pick up a kettle, I lost my nails too. Unfortunately Palmer Planter Pustulosis Psoriasis is one of the harder variations to treat. However I am proof that it does get better, it might take some time to get the medication right for you. If I can help in any way just message me.

To take part, sign in or register with us