Biologics

Posted Sun 2 Aug 2020 16.46 by Mrsp166
Living with Psoriasis and PSA :(

I hope everyone is well! I had my first appointment with my rheumatology nurse and she says they are not going down the tablet route so I’ve been offered biologics. I am very grateful for being offered them straight away instead of methotrexate or other DMARDS that have horrible side effects for some. I just wondered has anyone else went straight to a biologic without trying the usual tablets? My PSA affects my spine. I had the first set of measurements and next it’s a chest X-ray and fasting bloods and hopefully back to the nurse in about 4/6 weeks pending my approval to start the meds. Thank you in advance :-)

Posted Wed 21 Oct 2020 03.18 by Snik

I started on methotrexate 2 weeks first time and then another 2 weeks, my liver is not the same since, I gain a lot of height. Now I need to recover my liver and lose some pounds to start new medication. How good are biologic tablets? It's working?

Posted Wed 21 Oct 2020 12.29 by TheRave - 39 from ireland

ive been on Methotrexate for probably a year and my skin is looking so much better n im feeling so much happier, dont know if i wana start trying something else tbh

Posted Wed 21 Oct 2020 21.42 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Only just seen this thread from early Aug. I hope Mrs P is now on the road to better help with biologics. @ Snic, am I right you have taken Mtx for total of four weeks and has had negative effect on your liver in such a short time? Like any meds it is trial and error, what works for one may not for another. Biologic treatment comes in the form of injections not tablets I believe. Good luck. @ TheRave, if Mtx is working well for you with no ill effects, why consider changing? How is your PsA?

Posted Wed 21 Oct 2020 22.33 by TheRave - 39 from ireland

tbh stevie its stopped flaking a long time ago, its cleared up realli well, from where i was 6-7 years ago, still havin problem wif my nails etc cant seem to improve but tryna not let it get ma dwn yano

To take part, sign in or register with us