Long term remission

Posted Sat 8 Aug 2020 17.14 by melwilde (edited Sat 8 Aug 2020 17.16 by melwilde)

i'm 67 and I have had psoriasis for my whole adult life. Two years ago I addressed my diabetes by following a very strict reduced calorie diet. For almost 3 months I ate only 800 calories per day. In the main, this was eaten in one meal, snacking didn't happen often but if I did, I ate sweet red peppers. These sweet red peppers were also included in many of the meals I ate. At the end of the diet, I was 2.5 stones lighter, diabetes had reversed and psoriasis had disappeared completely. I had it on both hands, my elbows and my knees. It hasn't reappeared. I don't know if it's what I ate or what I no longer ate. What I am convinced of is that diet was the only effective treatment that has ever worked. I've had light treatment and a range of creams etc - both applied at home and in hospital. I still haven't returned to eating cheese or bread in anything other than small quantities. The weight, diabetes and psoriasis remain in the past.

To take part, sign in or register with us