Enstilar Foam & Plantar Pustular Psoriasis

Posted Wed 26 Aug 2020 18.41 by SharonG (edited Wed 26 Aug 2020 18.42 by SharonG)

Hi Dermatologist has recommended Enstilar on reading side effects etc. it states this: Enstilar® is contraindicated in erythrodermic and pustular psoriasis. Due to the content of calcipotriol, Enstilar® is contraindicated in patients with known disorders of calcium metabolism. Has anyone with pustular psoriasis ever tried this and if so was it ok? I have plantar pustular psoriasis on my feet only. Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 2020 22.34 by Pladecalvo

Go with it Sharon. Just be careful with it. Maybe try a small test are for a few days to see what reaction you get, if any. I'm on my 4th day of Estilar and my back, chest and arms are almost clear. Just a few stubborn patches on my legs now but they are definitely starting to fade. Good luck.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 2020 10.38 by SharonG

@Pladecalvo Thanks I will - so far so good - but I have to say I have seen an improvement this last week due to the weather being cooler. I will give it a couple of weeks and report back. Thanks again for your help and advice - I feel like I am really getting somewhere now through using these forums - so informative - I am happy for you too that you are getting some relief from the dreaded 'P' Good luck for you - long may it continue :)

Posted Mon 28 Sep 2020 13.44 by Pladecalvo

@SharonG Have you tried the Estilar yet?

Posted Mon 28 Sep 2020 16.32 by SharonG

@Pladecalvo No! Sorry for not posting :( I have had a lot on. I haven't yet tried it as my ppp has seemingly gone into remission! It has never been this good!! I am still eating blueberries (?? Is it them?? who knows??)but also I think it may be to do with the cooler weather? Whatever it is I am so pleased right now - all I am doing is creaming up whenever I can (which I did anyway) So while it is so good I don't want to rock the boat - as soon as it flares again (as I KNOW it will) Enstilar is my go to. Hope you are keeping well. Thank you for asking :)

Posted Mon 28 Sep 2020 17.56 by Pladecalvo

@Sharon. It's been a few weeks since I stopped the blueberries and it doesn't seem to have had any effect. I have been drinking blackberry juice but I don't think it's that that is keeping the ps at bay. It's definitely the Estilar that's doing it. Hope it keeps away for you.

Posted Mon 28 Sep 2020 18.35 by SharonG

@Pladecalvo Oh ok - I will wait and see and if and when it strikes I will use it and I will let you know - I am so happy for you that you are getting relief - we know that steroid creams etc are not the best thing but they are better than the drugs I think? I kind of like the blueberries lol I only eat ten a day - 1 of my 5!! I struggle sometimes to get five in Lol So thanks for your kind words - keep in touch ok :)

Posted Mon 28 Sep 2020 19.54 by Pladecalvo

@SharonG. Yes. Given the choice between bruises and itchy red patches, I'll go for the bruises. Stay safe.

Posted Mon 28 Sep 2020 20.10 by SharonG

@Pladecalvo You too stay safe and itch free ;) Happy Days :)

Posted Fri 24 Nov 2023 14.29 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

I was prescribed this recently by a senior consultant for PPP on hands - I was using it previously for large plaques on my back. I think with most of these things the warning is there to bump the prescription up to a senior consultant for a decision - they can do what the like. For example I was prescribed Dermovate under occlusion three times a day for six weeks which is way outside recommended dose/use.

Posted Fri 1 Dec 2023 20.19 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

Wow, this stuff is fast acting. Large areas of plaque on formerly PPP hands and feet have thinned and fallen off with just two applications. Reminds me of the crust on a creme brulee! I guess I should expect this as the big plaques on my back responded in about four days of usage back in the summer.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2024 18.30 by Sal

I’ve been reading the forums recently regarding Enstilar foam. I have written here a few years back where I shared my experience with Soratinex which is not steroid based and although a real faff, really worked on my psoriasis. Anyway, I was clear for quite a while followed by limited bouts primarily on my legs, bum and tummy and I used dovabet sparingly which kept it at bay. I visited the doctor for something, not P, last year and he saw the P on my tummy and suggested enstilar. I used it and my P went away. Great I thought, but omg, a few months later,I am totally covered. My scalp is horrendous, the P covers all my body except my feet. My back, torso, legs and arms just horrible and now so itchy, I can’t sleep, I can’t go out and I am totally miserable. I read the risks on enstilar and it states ~ common side effect: psoriasis could return worse than before. Well it does and if I knew this would happen, I would never have used it. So be careful when you start using enstilar. I have now ordered Soratinex which is very expensive, but works with no side effects. Already used twice a day for just over a week and the redness has gone down and the itching is starting to recede.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 2024 07.56 by Pladecalvo

Have you tried TALZ injections.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 2024 12.01 by Sal

Hi Pladecalvo I have only recently read about these injections and first impressions are positive but my concern is the side effects. It lowers the immune system and although probably rare can cause illnesses such as chrohns and/or IBS. It can limit your ability to fight infection so it is a big decision to go down this route. Have you been prescribed the injections? I have a docs appointment in a weeks time (booked 5 weeks ago!), so will ask then, but the Soratinex is definitely starting to impact the soreness and I want to persevere for the full treatment term before making any decisions.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 2024 15.10 by Pladecalvo

I have been having the injections for about a year now and am down from one every two week to one per month and expect to drop to one per 6 weeks when I see the dermatologist next month. Speaking for myself, I have had no side effects whatsoever. Yes, it does lower your immunity but I'm now 100% free of psoriasis. There is not a single mark on me.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 2024 17.01 by Sal

That really is remarkable. Not sure your age and how healthy you are but I will definitely talk to the doctor. Not sure if I need a referral to a dermatologist but again will persue this as it sounds like a dream to be psoriasis free. I am 60 years old but reasonably fit and healthy. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 2024 18.19 by Pladecalvo

@ Sal I'm 74 years old now and have reasonably good health. The psoriasis started clearing before the end of the first week on TALZ. If your dermatologist decides to put you on TALZ, one thing you will have to have is some of your childhood vaccinations again to take account of reduced immunity. I think I had about seven injections before I had the first TALZ injection. I do take some extra precautions if I am in really busy places... like wearing a mask... just to get a little bit of extra protection from coughs and colds and particularly COVID but so far, I've had no problem. I'm sure that there are some side effects with some people, there usually is with most medication but as I said, I haven't had a single side effect and now I am completely clear. To be free of psoriasis is worth some reduced immunity.

To take part, sign in or register with us