The 2 moisturiser trial

Posted Wed 26 Aug 2020 23.57 by LondonWest
Had P on and off for many years 🤗

To alleviate the drudgery of applying creams and ointments i came up with this idea. I use a different moisturiser on different sides of my body. It just adds a bit of interest to what is a monotonous task. At the moment I’m doing double base on the left and aquamax on the right. I go through stages of applying creams regularly for a few weeks/months and then go back to using nothing after a while. 😁 any recommendations of moisturising creams are most welcome 🙏

Posted Sun 30 Aug 2020 10.39 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I found the best were Doublebase Dayleve Gel, and Doublebase Gel. They gave me the best relief from the itching of my guttate psoriasis. . .with the Dayleve version slightly better. I bought them in 500g pump dispensers.

Posted Sun 30 Aug 2020 15.10 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

I use an emollient called Enopen, similar to Cetraben. I also use Dovobet daily. Having used both for years I would first apply the dovobet then the emmolient, only to be informed a few months ago I was doing it the wrong way round. Anyway I find that helps. The only time I tried different products on different sides was as a test when first starting the new product. Good luck.

Posted Tue 1 Sep 2020 09.30 by SharonG

At present I am using Avon Handcream!! Nuturing with glycerine - it is so helping - I have PPP on my feet - also Childs Farm Moisturiser (Tesco) All day I am applying whenever I sit down - to stop it drying out. Dermovate ointment before bed too - I have been prescribed Enstilar Foam but am loathe to use it just yet as my feet seem to be looking so good 'at the moment'!! I find anything that soaks in is good :)

Posted Sat 5 Sep 2020 16.35 by LondonWest
Had P on and off for many years 🤗

I’ve changed the moisturiser 😁 now I using Diomed on the left and QV intensive ointment on the right. I’m experimenting with different things on my elbows, these 2 creams seem to be working quite well at the moment, Boots Psoriasis treatment Cream and Sorion Cream, both these creams have stopped the scaling within a week which i class as a vast improvement

Posted Sat 12 Sep 2020 13.54 by Mac

Hi London West. It's a nice feeling when you get something that works. You seem to be putting them creams though there paces :).

Posted Tue 15 Sep 2020 19.51 by Mark

Dream Cream from Lush works really well for me.

To take part, sign in or register with us