Has anyone tried diet to heal psoriasis?

Posted Sat 29 Aug 2020 10.56am by Maorsharif

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum after suffering from psoriasis for many years

I have recently been reading a book by Adam Enaz on amazon called “how I cured psoriasis with diet”

Has anyone tried it, it focuses on treating leaky gut and the author seems to have good results as well as good reviews

It would be hard to cut out all those things but i am curious to try!

Posted Sat 29 Aug 2020 4.11pm by Asma
Things happen for a reason: Psoriasis makes us look younger afterall ;-)

Hello there,

In my experience, reduced-Gluten diet has been helpful. Vitamin D intakes are beneficial too, I think.

I hope this helps

Posted Tue 1 Sep 2020 8.31am by Jade1991

There are quite a lot of Instagram accounts about diet too, check out Hannah Sillitoe. I’ve not tried it as it’s such a huge commitment but there are loads of success stories.

1 Posted Tue 1 Sep 2020 3.53pm by Bevp

I have just been prescribed Cyclosporin after trying various other treatments including methotrexate and puva light therapy. The difference in a week is unbelieveable

Posted Mon 7 Sep 2020 9.58am by EnTee

I've had psoriasis for 40yrs and last year decided to have a food intolerance test. Showed positive intolerance to yeast, sugar, dairy, mushrooms etc. Also low in a few vitamins and minerals. Changed my diet, took the supplements and without doubt psoriasis is much improved. Stopped eating the 'nightshades' - tomatoes, potatoes, peppers. Definitely worth looking into foods v. psoriasis. I don't know why GPs don't suggest it instead of just keep handing out steriod creams! Had another intolerance test a year later and just positive to dairy and mushrooms. Whilst psoriasis hasn't totally disappeared it is certainly much better. Also, I use Calendula cream for any itching which I find good. Hope this info might help anyone.

Posted Mon 7 Sep 2020 11.42am by Pictish

newbie here to this forum

I eat low carb (and when I stick to it) my skin improves (mild psoriasis, elbows, eyebrows, nails) and my joints are less painful, feel less swollen (psoriatic arthritis - GP diagnosed)

I can only speak for myself, but cutting out sugar and carbohydrates - bread/potatoes/pasta etc - and identifying carbs and tracking to ensure staying low carb I feel better

eating low carb has good reports - see dietdoctor website

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 9.46am by LukB

Hello,

I'm also on a low (almost zero) carb diet since two years. I cut out all wheat and milk products. This was helping reducing psoriasis a lot, last summer it was gone completely.

Bit be careful, wheat is in many other products as well, like sauces and marinade.

I hope this could help you as well.

Posted Sat 7 Nov 2020 2.27am by LondonWest
Had P on and off for many years 🤗

I went on a low carb diet for a year and my psoriasis increased a lot, no dairy no sugar and mainly eating meat. I lost weight but the psoriasis ran rampant. I’m now back to eating normally and luckily the psoriasis is decreasing. I did read somewhere that the keto diet isn’t good for psoriasis due to its high fat content https://www.news-medical.net/news/20191017/Keto-diet-may-cause-skin-problems.aspx?showform=email

Posted Wed 18 Nov 2020 7.56pm by Scott in Toronto

Maorsharif, I hope you've had some positive results by changing your diet.

I was able to eliminate almost all of my psoriasis symptoms by cutting down on nightshades, dairy, alcohol, and sugar. I knocked off one thing every month, and it turned out to be easier than I expected. Cutting out sugar was the hardest!

I respect that dietary changes won't work for everyone, but they do seem to have helped a lot of people control their psoriasis.

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
WhatsApp :
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation Number: 1180666 Scotland: SC049563 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.