The flu jab and psoriasis

Posted Tue 22 Sep 2020 21.52 by Tralalal02

I have never had a flu jab before but am approaching 65 plus I work in an environment where there are lots of viruses circulating. I am usually off at least twice a year with a virus. I was wondering whether having a flu jab might aggravate my psoriasis which is fairly dormant and has been for the last 30 years!

Posted Wed 23 Sep 2020 02.31 by mike andrews

I have mild Psoriasis. Each year I have a flu jab and haven’t had a flare up. At 65 I would suggest that you have have the jab especially with Covid around. Mike

Posted Wed 23 Sep 2020 10.22 by thanhan

specific symptoms

Posted Thu 24 Sep 2020 12.41 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I have had a flu vaccination every year since 1997 - I was laid low with real flu in 1996, in bed for a week and took over 3 weeks to recover fully. I have never seen any flare-up or change in my psoriasis associated with the flu-jab (had psoriasis since 1980)

Posted Thu 24 Sep 2020 21.42 by Leese

I have the flu jab every year due to asthma, I’ve never noticed any changes with my psoriasis after I’ve had the jab.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 2020 14.31 by MichelleIOW

Hi. I had mine 3 days ago. No side effects and no pain from the jab. It was almost quite enjoyable. I have had a flu jab every year for over 10 years and never caused a flare or any other issues.

Posted Sat 26 Sep 2020 17.18 by Tralalal02

Thank you all for your encouraging replies. My only issue now is actually getting one. It seems quite difficult at the moment

Posted Sun 27 Sep 2020 08.27 by Emma (edited Sun 27 Sep 2020 08.28 by Emma)

My son aged 14 takes fortnightly injections of humira for his psoriasis and has been offered the flu jab. Has anyone that’s been on this medication had the flu jab? If so did any one have any reactions? Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

Posted Sun 27 Sep 2020 13.32 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Tralalal02: I usually get the flu vaccination every year at my local Boots store, for around £14. Unfortunately at the moment they have suspended making appointments as they are unsure of their supplies. My local BMI private hospital tell me that they will be starting making appointments next week and it will cost around £18. I expect a call from them later in the week.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 2020 13.19 by mp1

I Have just started taking Amgiveta injections and had flu jab last week as well and feel fine, but everyone is different.

Posted Tue 15 Dec 2020 13.19 by Denise B

I was told I needed flu jabs when I was put on methotrexate injections. Some years I had side effects from injections but it never had an impact on my psoriasis. Now I have been upgraded to Tremfya I was told to continue with my flu jabs, which I have done. No side effects.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 07.53 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Hi, a bit late but I have had flu jabs every year. Never had an issue with Humira and the Flu jab either, in fact my clinic remind me ever year to make sure I do get the flu jab

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 08.02 by Tralalal02

I have finally had one and yes no side effects so far. Yipee!

To take part, sign in or register with us