Tendon pain

Posted Wed 23 Sep 2020 22.48 by Sarah1791

I have been suffering with very painful tendons that appears to move around the body. I believe it is called Migratory reactive tendonitis. Does anyone else suffer with this? Was wondering if it is linked to Psoriatic arthritis. I have had psoriasis for 25 years. Would be grateful for any advice. Thank you x

Posted Thu 24 Sep 2020 07.12 by Nik

I also have been having lots of tendon problems both in hands and wrists and ankles which l have to brace to get through the day. I do think there is a link between the arthritis and the tendon problems but have no answers or remedies to help.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 2020 09.51 by Mac

Hi Sarah. The short answer is, it could well be PsA, or it could be as you said migratory reactive tendonitis. Sadly you'll just have too go through the process of getting it diagnosed with you doctor/consultant. My PsA doesn't move around the body, when I have a flare up it's in the same joints and they swell up visibly, which luckily for me made life easy for my GP and my consultant, but arthritis can be a odd monster from what I have found over the year's. Good luck.

Posted Thu 1 Oct 2020 22.14 by EchoTheCat (edited Thu 1 Oct 2020 22.55 by EchoTheCat)

Hi. The below is from the Information page on this site. Mine is like yours. I have the normal aches and pain stiffness in my feet and hands and fingers. Then a random body part plans mutiny. Like last Wednesday my bicep and shoulder tendons were so inflamed I was in severe pain and lost use of that arm for about eighteen hours. Yesterday my back was exactly the same completely inflamed, severe pain, debilitated. Today, my back pain is still there but I can deal with it and likely by tomorrow it will be fine.... Until the next body part decides to scream. I'm baffled by the way it happens. But it's part of the PsA * I think. * Got to admit, the coin toss of which part of the body will flare up and how many days a week is not fun. I did however just start medications 3 weeks ago. Article: Signs and Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis In psoriatic arthritis, the joints affected may become tender, swollen and stiff. These symptoms tend to be worse first thing in the morning and with rest, and ease with exercise. Inflammation of tendons without obvious inflammation of the joints can also occur in psoriatic arthritis, which makes it easy to misdiagnose as tendonitis or tennis elbow, for example. Psoriatic arthritis commonly affects the small joints of the hands and feet, and so a swollen sausage-like finger or toe is another common sign.

To take part, sign in or register with us