Ciclosporin- Side effect advice and experiences?

Posted Thu 24 Sep 2020 11.17 by PrettyLintu
Bride trying to clear lifetime of psoriasis for Covid wedding!

Morning all, I've just today started my first ciclosporin treatment, had anyone else experienced such quick side effects? I'm taking 150mg twice daily, and already I'm feeling strong 'burning' or heat sensation in my feet, mouth and generally I can only describe as my insides are hot! Bit weird, making me feel a bit nausea but hopefully it'll pass. I have moderate, psoriasis, not the worst and mostly on my torso, but the reason my dermo has prescribed is because I've been in a constant flare up for 5 years now, with no change. I have exhausted topical treatment as they don't have any effect now. I have my wedding in 37 days, which I'm hoping helps clear my skin in time. What I want to know is, do any side affect you may have got go away once treatment was stopped?

Posted Thu 24 Sep 2020 12.50 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hi, I feel for you especially a five year flare up. Ok my experience of Cyclo if I remember correctly. I did have the nausea and tiredness. The positive results did happen relatively quickly in my case but I believe Cyclo is not to be used long term. I was on it for six months then gradually weened off onto Mtx. Some of the side effects you are experiencing are known to Cyclo. If you are worried contact your health professional. Good luck.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 2020 16.55 by PrettyLintu
Bride trying to clear lifetime of psoriasis for Covid wedding!

Thanks for the reply! I'm not so much concerned, not just yet, I just didn't expect such instant side effects. The nausea and burning/tingling has gone away over the last few hours, I'm expecting it to start again when I take the next dose! Did any of your side effects remain once stopping the treatment? And has anyone had any more unusual ones like the hair growth/loss, gum growth etc? If so did these stop once the treatment was suspended?

Posted Thu 24 Sep 2020 17.53 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hi sorry I can't really comment if the side effects went away as I was taking both Cyclo and Mtx simultaneously and Mtx had its own side effects. I must add, the nausea effects were only on the day I took the meds. I took my tablets late on a Saturday night because I didn't work on Sunday, that way I could sleep of most of the nausea. Everyone reacts differently I suppose.

To take part, sign in or register with us