New to humira

Posted Sun 27 Sep 2020 15.03 by Emma

My son is 14 and takes humira injections every other week, he’s recently been offered a flu jab. Has anyone had this whilst being on humira? If so did anyone experience side effects? Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

Posted Mon 5 Oct 2020 20.52 by Sarah1791

Hi Emma, I had been on humira for over 6 years and always had my flu jab both no problems at all. Hope this helps.

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 00.37 by Angel989

My dermatologist advised me to skip flu jab and other vaccines if possible...

Posted Wed 11 Nov 2020 00.47 by JH2020

Hello was diagnosed with psoriasis in March this year after months of symptoms and docs not being able to diagnose. Mine started as Guttate which then got so severe it was erythodermic I was about 90% covered. I was out on Ciclosporin 350mg daily and it completely cleared after about 6 months. However I now have high blood pressure, I’ve been weaning off Ciclosporin and my Psoriasis is coming back again (Guttate form again) and So I’m desperate to get onto Humira as I know someone who says their life has changed due to it. My dermatologist said I need to have Pneumococcal, flu jab and some other vaccine in order to get on the Humira. Im not too happy With this so wondered if anyone else was asked to do this?

To take part, sign in or register with us