Enstilar and Exorex

Posted Mon 28 Sep 2020 20.51 by LisaLoutfi

Hi everyone, My consultant has prescribed Enstilar Foam and Exorex to try and clear up my plaque psoriasis but do you use them together?? All I remember her saying is the foam to be used once a day and the lotion twice a day. Thanks for your help Lisa

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 05.15 by mike andrews

To be on the safe side it may be best to ask the Consultant. They must have a secretary you can speak to. Mike

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 15.23 by mac63

Hi Lisa , I used the foam and then applied exorex after a couple of hours. Both worked well initially but I later had a bad reaction to exorex cream so have gone back to my old moisteriser . I wish you good luck against the dreaded p !

Posted Wed 7 Oct 2020 06.48 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 7 Oct 2020 12.40 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Lisa: I have not heard that it is common to prescribe these two treatments as a combination so i do not know if there is a "standard" way to use them - BUT you would be far better advised to ask the consultant than taking advice from unknown strangers. If the Exorex is in the container with green writing then it is probably the coal-tar based treatment (brown liquid?). Exorex also make simple emollient. I can imagine there MIGHT be an active reaction between coal-tar treatment and a steroid, and one way to iuse them MIGHT be better than another (eg one always before the other, or a minimum time between them . . ) so get medical advice. If you do not have a way to contact your consultant directly, maybe phone your GP - they might have a way to get direct clarification from the consultant for you. Or speak to the senior pharmacist where you received the prescribed tretments. If they cannot help immediately, they migfht also be able to get more information for you..

Posted Tue 3 Nov 2020 22.31 by Jane (edited Tue 3 Nov 2020 22.32 by Jane)

Hi Lisa l use both of those the Exorex is to be used after you shower, and the other I put over the top as it helps to draw the foam right into your skin. I also use Hydramol emollient I put this on my skin before I shower use a baby brush and brush all other my body and the get in the shower, then I use the Exorex. the last shower before I go to bed l also use the Enstilar. I Have been doing the above for about 9 months and it works very well "makes you feel normal again" I only get a few break outs now but hey are never that bad and as soon as I start doing the above it clears within days. good luck. Jane

To take part, sign in or register with us