Psoriderm coal tar cream alternatives

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 1.05pm by FredL

I have just started using Psoriderm and it seems to be helping but the smell and stains on clothes/bedding are not good - are there any less smelly/non staining alternatives ??

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 1.16pm by scarletsmummy

i have not found any of the creams ( those that do anything anyway ) that do not stain the bedding .

It's a small price to pay if you find something that works , I always buy plain pillow cases and change them every other day and put them in a bucket of warm water with washing soda helps keep the grease stains at bay

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 1.21pm by FredL

Thanks.

If nothing that doesn't stain, have you found anything, that works, that doesn't smell??

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 7.57pm by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 17 Oct 2020 7.13am by OhNo_NotAgain?)

All the coal tar based treatments smell of coal tar.

To protect bedding (even with steroid treatments) , some people wear loose cotton pyjamas. I never do but apply the ointments a couple of hours before going to bed so they "soak in"

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 8.19pm by FredL

Thanks, that’s helpful

Posted Sat 17 Oct 2020 5.21am by Jll123

I have heard from some people it is helpful to wrap joints in cotton bandages or cling film

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
WhatsApp :
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation Number: 1180666 Scotland: SC049563 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.