Psoriderm coal tar cream alternatives

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 13.05 by FredL

I have just started using Psoriderm and it seems to be helping but the smell and stains on clothes/bedding are not good - are there any less smelly/non staining alternatives ??

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 13.16 by scarletsmummy

i have not found any of the creams ( those that do anything anyway ) that do not stain the bedding . It's a small price to pay if you find something that works , I always buy plain pillow cases and change them every other day and put them in a bucket of warm water with washing soda helps keep the grease stains at bay

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 13.21 by FredL

Thanks. If nothing that doesn't stain, have you found anything, that works, that doesn't smell??

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 19.57 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 17 Oct 2020 07.13 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

All the coal tar based treatments smell of coal tar. To protect bedding (even with steroid treatments) , some people wear loose cotton pyjamas. I never do but apply the ointments a couple of hours before going to bed so they "soak in"

Posted Tue 6 Oct 2020 20.19 by FredL

Thanks, that’s helpful

Posted Sat 17 Oct 2020 05.21 by Jll123

I have heard from some people it is helpful to wrap joints in cotton bandages or cling film

To take part, sign in or register with us