Bad scalp

Posted Mon 12 Oct 2020 00.55 by Mokey

Hi, I have severe psoriasis on my scalp, almost all over tried many many things to help but nothing seems to work, even tried washing my hair twice a day to no avail. Does anyone else have this problem

Posted Mon 12 Oct 2020 08.54 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Mon 12 Oct 2020 08.54 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

It is very difficult to suggest something when we have no idea what you have already tried, or if you have been prescribed anything by a doctor or consultant. I found coal-tar based preparations worked well, and the best general shampoo I found that relieved itching and was not overly drying for the hair, is Alphacade PSO. https://www.cocooncenter.co.uk/item-dermatologie-alphacade-shampoo-pso-severe-cases-of-dandruff-200ml/14313.html I have a long list of things I tried that did not help at all.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 2020 09.10 by Mokey

I have tried many coal tar products and probably every head and shoulders product on the shelves, been given steroid cream and non steroid cream but at the moment it is really bad, I can scratch a little and large lumps of scalp come away with my finger nails, it is very sore and bleeding in places and the doctor says there is nothing they can do, even used baby shampoos but they dont help either

Posted Thu 5 Nov 2020 06.52 by manohar

I have a scalp psoriasis, i tried many solutions aprezo, salsylic acid & many lotion , nothing helped . i had at 2 or 3 places. after the treatment things got worse and its infected everywhere no in head.. balk & red dots boils on head bummpy skin.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 2020 13.19 by Cambrinus
Sporadic scale psoriasis

If you have not tried Diprosone lotion, then get hold of that (prescription only). Careful, as it must be used sparingly. I have found it excellent for psoriasis of the scalp. See: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1138/pil

Posted Tue 17 Nov 2020 15.23 by marykate

I've had scalp psoriasis for years, nothing worked until I tried CELERY JUICE. It sounds crazy, but it worked. I drank celery juice every morning for 30 days and it completely cleared up my scalp. I now drink it a couple times a week to maintain a clear scalp. You can read about some of the science behind it in the book "Medical Medium: Celery Juice" by Anthony William. I've never met anyone else who has done this, but I encourage you to try it! I've had psoriasis since I was a kid and the psoriasis in my scalp was debilitating. This really changed my life.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 2020 18.17 by Ann

Capasal therapeutic shampoo brings it under control for me.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 2020 03.53 by SheShe

Has anyone used Dovonex for face and scalp. My GP daughter recommended it but my own GP has said she can't presctibe the scalp solution just ointnent for my face.. Just checked BNF it is very expensive. Could this be why? Generic name is Calcipotriol. Ointment and scalp solution.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 2020 08.34 by Cambrinus
Sporadic scale psoriasis

For SheShe: Dovonex is very good generally (I find it useful, when used, alternately, with Dovobet). But I have never used it on my scalp. (If you're in the UK) there is no good reason your GP cannot prescribe Diprosone. Insist, and if she still refuses, ask to see a consultant dermatologist in your local area..

Posted Wed 25 Nov 2020 11.48 by SheShe

Can anyone suggest the best thing to shower or bath with? For years, Pre Psoriasis I used Dove Soap. Now I am itching all over. Tried Sanex Advanced Atopicare for reactive atopic probe skin. It isn't great. Any advice from anyone. I use Zerodouble post shower or bath. This is helpful.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 2020 10.59 by Daz09100

I have psoriasis all over but on my head seems to be the worst, it makes me feel horrible constantly paranoid about it, I haven’t used anything for my head as of yet, also I’m new to this so any help or suggestions would be extremely greatfull for it, thank you

To take part, sign in or register with us