Does anybody want to create a support group?

Posted Sun 8 Nov 2020 23.45 by PsoriasisIsntSkinDeep (edited Sun 8 Nov 2020 23.48 by PsoriasisIsntSkinDeep)

Support group for people with psoriasis. Could be just on here, sharing photos or developing a friendship with others. No judgement, just understanding.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 2022 16.01 by Jas10642

Hi I know this post is from 2 years ago but I was wondering if the support group was something you’re interested in? I’ve never really spoken to anyone about psoriasis and thought talking to someone with it and is in a similar situation might help.

Posted Fri 23 Sep 2022 10.34 by Rads68 (edited Fri 23 Sep 2022 10.34 by Rads68)

Hi. I think that's a great idea. Where do we start??

Posted Fri 23 Sep 2022 10.34 by Rads68

Hi. I think that's a great idea. Where do we start??

Posted Mon 14 Nov 2022 17.42 by Sarbie

Hi, I also think this is a great idea. Has anyone started one?

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2022 16.25 by Bav1985

Hi would be great to talk even though I had plaque psoriasis for over 20 years iv finally got treatment however I get my medicine from abroad and it’s risky self medicate but I’m just happy it’s gone and can do normal stuff

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2022 16.31 by Sarbie

Hi Bav1985, Its good to know that you are clear. Why did you have to get your medicine from abroad if you don't mind me asking? Did you not try anything here in the UK?

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2022 16.43 by Bav1985 (edited Wed 16 Nov 2022 16.49 by Bav1985)

From India cyclosporine they won’t give me it over here asked numerous times so took it on my self to do sormething ablout it Yes tried UV. Cream coal tar

Posted Fri 17 Feb 2023 20.57 by laylapaigem@icloud.com

Hi, i am Layla. Im a 17 year old suffering really bad with my Psoriasis. Currently, it is all over my body , in my hair and also in my ears and behind them. My story: back in November I noticed a small rash, nothing to big so I decided oh it will be fine. Nothing to worry about, a few weeks later it had wide spread. I rang the doctors and they gave me a phone call appointment stating it was just a viral infection and that if I don’t see change in the coming weeks to call back and arrange an appointment. I rang for 5 days straight and couldn’t get an appointment. At this point I contacted 111 where i was sent to an out of hours doctor appointment. I was assessed and told i have psoriasis. In which they prescribed be Dermal 500. Once again this did not help, after Christmas i made another appointment. I was told i had a bad infection behind my ears due to it not being treated right. I have currently been prescribed: Dovobet for my body, Eumovate for my face, Betnovate for my hair and also Dandrazol. This was a month n a half ago and i still cannot see any improvement other than just my face. Im currently in college studying but due to my hair i have to constantly wear a hat as i am insecure of it. My mental wellbeing is currently in the gutter and i don’t think i am getting anywhere with my treatment.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 2023 20.36 by Bav1985 (edited Sat 18 Feb 2023 20.40 by Bav1985)

I’d be Intrested Iall want ti send numbers I’ll set up wats ap group Also have to remember it’s auto so creams ETC. won’t work But how ling can u apply cream for

Posted Mon 4 Mar 2024 20.32 by Terri

I am living near Tiffin Ohio and would love to actually get together in person with a couple or even a group of people (any age group) who have Psoriatic Arthritis. Anyone out there who would be interested in meeting in person? I am a firm believer that person to person conversations are more helpful and "complete" than what happens with these discussion groups. I suggest we could meet in a public restaurant at first just to get a bit acquainted. And then go from there. I have severe psoriatic arthritis and am a recent thyroid cancer survivor - and am currently having massive flares of the psoriatic lesions and pain and am finally coming out of a severe depression. Thank God! It would be so great if anyone else feels the same way - and replies. Thank you. Terri

Posted Tue 5 Mar 2024 00.59 by Terri

I am confused. I am brand new to this. What I was suggesting and hopeful for was a "in person" psoriatic arthritis support group near where I live? Was that an inappropriate question?

To take part, sign in or register with us