Psoriasis / lockdown

Posted Sun 20 Dec 2020 22.37 by Annette

The last big lockdown I chose to work during that lockdown my psoriasis ran away with me to the point of me feeling out of control my dermi was ace and kept in touch by phone every 4 weeks eventually as the world was getting better so did my psoriasis .I am off work until 1 jan as I’ve had covid thank the lord week 2 I’m not too bad fatigue is the main culprit and trying to get a big breath but I’m ALIVE Now a new lockdown my employer is going to be furloughing again I have said I would like to be considered but need advice do I tell them I have an auto immune problem? do I get in touch with my dermi would they give me a letter ? or do I work? Thank you for reading this xxx

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 07.46 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

You don't have to tell them but personally I would if you want to be furloughed. I have chronic disease kept under control by Biologic treatments and have social distance throughout, working from home since March. Everyone is different and has different situations. Hope you feel better soon x

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 07.48 by Annette

Thank you x

To take part, sign in or register with us