Help

Posted Tue 22 Dec 2020 22.23 by Hoperful

I have had psoriasis on and off for the past 27 years after a throat infection, up until 3 years ago I had it under control. Now I am in pain all the time as about 70% of my body has sores, is tight and my skin is breaking off all the time. My day is spent hoovering my bed in the morning as its covered in skin and at least 5 times a day brushing and hoovering my skin off the floor, wherever I walk I shed skin. It is disgusting and embarrassing. I can't understand what the change has been for me. I am on Propranolol, does anyone know if this affects psoriasis sufferers? I have regular dead sea salt baths. My husband is great but this is really making me feel very low. So any advice or help would be very much appreciated. X

Posted Wed 23 Dec 2020 10.18 by youngirl3150

Hi there, have you asked your GP to try you on Amgevita injections, my hands were in a right mess cracked and bleeding skin and very painful. I started on the injections on Aug 4th and within a week I could see and feel a difference, I have had a couple of little flare ups, but I think it was due to the stress of moving home, I am now seeing my hands looking almost normal and that of course makes me feel better. Its worth a try so ask your GP or dermatologist, good luck, I hope you get some help real soon. Best wishes. Carolyn

To take part, sign in or register with us