Partner having rash

Posted Wed 20 Jan 2021 08.21 by Barrel2182

Partner currently suffering from a weird rash/bruise like discoloration on her belly, unsure what has caused it but may be my hydrocortisone cream rubbing off with frequent intercourse, anyone experience anything similar with steroid cream on non plaque (sensitive) skin

Posted Wed 20 Jan 2021 08.52 by OhNo_NotAgain?

When you apply HC cream/ointment, you should try to massage it in so that it is absorbed as much as possible. Some of the topical steroid treatments are thick gels and not so easy to achieve this. I have never personally heard of this type of effect. I always try to avoid smearing steroid ointment on to good skin, but it inevitably happens, buit I have never seen good skin on myself damaged by steroid "spill-over" Things to try to see if it affects or improves her symptoms: - adopt different positions for a time (few weeks?) , avoiding direct contact with the same part of the body. - can you wear a t-shirt or even pyjama-type garments, for a few weeks to see if it makes any difference? I wonder if some kind of contact-dermatitis reaction might be triggered in your partner?

Posted Mon 8 Feb 2021 17.30 by LenRa
First plaque in 2018

I suggest wearing a shirt to bed. That's what I do, personally, as P has changed how skin-to-skin torso contact affects us when snuggling or during intimate time.

Posted Sun 14 Feb 2021 16.50 by Murphy

Yeah wearing a t shirt really helps. I have trouble with blood stains on my bed sheets. But I kind of doubt that your cream is causing this. Have you checked with a doctor? Obviously it could be that your partner is having some kind of allergic reaction to your skin cream. But cortisone skin creams are basically really low in effective ingredients. There are 3 major types of cortisones, skin creams normally contain the least offensive ones. Are you sure the reaction is to the cortisone? It could be happening because of the pharabenes present in most skin creams and shampoos. Maybe try switching to a different brand? By definition cortisones are anti-inflammatory so it seems strange to me that they would by themselves cause that kind of skin inflammation. Something seems off to me in your story. Not that I'm saying you're lying obviously. Just that the cortisones in your cream shouldn't be able to cause that kind of reaction.

To take part, sign in or register with us