Covid Vaccination

Posted Fri 19 Feb 2021 11.56 by Boo

Hi guys, I’ve been invited to have my covid vaccine next week and I just wanted to ask whether anyone else on here has received theirs yet? If so which vaccine did you have, how did it make you feel and did you have to stop taking medication prior? I am on methotrexate and have been told it’s okay to continue taking it before the vaccine but I feel unsure and just wanted to hear everyone else’s experiences please. Thank you Xx

Posted Fri 19 Feb 2021 12.06 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

From personal experience I had the Pfizer vaccine earlier in the week and apart from a sore arm for 48 hours have had no other reactions. The nurses were very good and talked over various side effects and I was asked to sit in a waiting room for 15 mins following the vaccine incase of any immediate reaction. I am on Stelera, with no other meds or conditions. You should be asked a number of questions before the jab. If you have any queries ask them.

Posted Fri 19 Feb 2021 13.35 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Boo: if you type COVID into the search bar at the top of this page, you can select either "from this site" or "from the forums" and find concerns about the vaccine and potential interactions disscussed several times. Good luck.

Posted Sun 21 Feb 2021 17.34 by Sizzy (edited Sun 21 Feb 2021 17.35 by Sizzy)
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Hi. I'm on Sterlara (every 12 weeks) and was due an injection on Monday last week. My hospital said just do not do both on the same day but my GP told me to delay my Stelara, have the covid vaccine then wait 7-10 days before having Stelara. Covid Vaccine (AZ) done on Friday and no side effects, just a sore arm on touch. Will inject my Stelara in 10 days. Every drug is different and they do not know if biologics and simular will block or improve the covid vaccine. I felt it was deffo worth having as any covid cover is better than none.

To take part, sign in or register with us