23 Year old with PSA

Posted Tue 23 Feb 2021 18.04 by Connor

Hi there, I am hoping for some advice please if possible? As stated above I am 23 years old and I have recently been told I have PSA. That alone is a lot to come to terms with when I have just bought my first home with my girlfriend and we have just had a new addition with the greatest gift of all a little boy. I have been suffering with pain and swelling in my fingers and toes for the past 12 month, and some days I struggle to get up out of bed in a morning with back pain. After several trips to the GP and hospital I have been advised to take a drug called Methotrexate. After doing some research online all I see is the bad side effects and scary stories about peoples experiences from taking it. Can anyone help with my decision in to taking it? I'm just wanting to feel better and not be pain daily and to enjoy life Apologies for the big message

Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 11.56 by Northerner21

Hello Connor, Congratulations to you and your girl having a son, sounds like you've got a lot of positives going on for you in life pal. As for PSA, that was a symptom I had to deal with too it's terrible, All of my fingers and toes got swollen, I lost grip in my right hand, had pain in my knees and at one point around last September I was struggling to walk around with the right side of my hip. I thought I was going to need a hip replacement in my 30's. I've got rid of my psoriasis and all of my joints have improved dramatically they are all back to how they were before I was diagnosed with psoriasis about 3 years ago. All I've done is take multivitamins with cod liver oil and 10,000 iu VItamin D3 for a few months and it's changed my life. When you are vitamin d deficient its important to get your blood levels back up to normal and for this a doctor will prescribe a high dose to reverse the deficiency. I didn't bother with the doctors personally. My vitamin d cost £15 for 365 capsules online because you won't find anything over 1000 iu strength over the counter in a supermarket or pharmacy. There's loads of evidence out there to support vitamin D. Do a bit of digging around, if you do decide to try it, just buy them from a reputable company so you know you're getting the dose you ordered. All the best

Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 15.59 by Connor

Hi Mate Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it! I am glad to know your are back to your good old self. Just a quick one do you have a link for the vitamin D3 tabs that you have at all? I'm willing to try anything at the moment, hoping that I can keep clear and away from the Methotrexate Cheers

Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 18.00 by Northerner21 (edited Wed 24 Feb 2021 18.03 by Northerner21)

Thanks bro I appreciate it. I bought mine from a company called nu u. Any company with a good reputation should be fine. It can take a week for your kidneys and liver to start processing vitamin d supplements into your body so give it time... At the very least you should get a blood test from your doctor to test if you're vitamin d deficient, and tell the doctor to check your vitamin d so they know to look for it. I bet you are! I hope you get better so you can move on with your life. All the best

To take part, sign in or register with us