Bettamousse Foam Scalp Application- it works!

Posted Fri 12 Mar 2021 23.33 by mooncat91

Hey guys, Psoriasis on my scalp has been the bane of my life for nearly ten years. I've feel like I've tried everything out there- from scalp masks, to over the counter shampoo, to steroid treatments- and the only thing that's ever worked for me was clarelux foam. Sadly, this was discontinued around three years ago and my scalp has been a mess ever since. I'd say it's around 96% covered in psoriasis at its worst, and 50% covered at best. I've literally cried with frustration, especially when it bleeds or affects the way I can style my hair! After umpteenth trip to the GP about it, I decided to give online pharmacies ago for convenience, and I discovered bettamousse foam. If you've never tried it and you're at your wit's end like me, then you absolutely must! I've been applying it twice a day for a week and my coverage has gone down to something like 20% already. It's been a miracle worker and can't recommend it enough.

Posted Sat 13 Mar 2021 05.51 by scarletsmummy

I am so glad you have found something that is easing your scalp, I have had Psoriasis on my scalp for 32 years and have used every lotion an potion on the market both NHS and private and whilst I have found some give ease in the short term being steroids they are not meant for long term use and as soon as you stop the psoriasis is back with a bang. I have been using Elecon Scalp lotion for just over a week every night and the Plaques on parts of me scalp have gone completely which i am elated about ,I have in the past used various lotions and potions one of them being Enstilar ( another foam spray for psoriasis ) and it gave a lot of relief I hope you find some relief from this awful condition

Posted Sun 21 Mar 2021 17.31 by Dexter

Call me cynical if you like, I've been hearing ambitious sales people pushing TOPICAL treatments for Psoriasis for a long as I've HAD psoriasis. Since this is an autoimmune disorder, I wonder how anyone who has bothered to educate themselves with the facts of this disease can still possibly believe that topical treatments can do anything more than alleviate some of the discomfort or appearance of our lesions. Topicals cannot prevent the appearance of Psorisais patches, be they red bumps/patches or scales. I just read where someone was told by their dermatologist that oils for your skin may do more harm than good! (You need a new dermatologist) Unless you're allergic to it , no topical will be bad or harmful for your skin, it might very well be useless or silly though. I've literally tried every kind of soap, grease, lotion, or oil manufactured on this planet, your results WILL vary according to your personal preferences. I like Dove bar soap, then Johnson's Baby oil with Shea and Cocoa butter followed by a coat of Jergens Ultra Healing lotion. The baby oil locks in moisture after I bathe, It also soaks into plaques you will want to remove, I settled on Jergens Ultra Healing because it lasts for 24 hours, isn't greasy, and just smells like clean soap. Jergens also comes in 32 ounce size at Walmart. using oil and lotion every time you bathe will keep you scale free. The one BEST thing for Psoriasis is Ultraviolet B wave light to naturally make Vitamin D in your own skin, Vitamin D supplements will NEVER EVER be as effective as making it with your skin. Save your money, get a UVB Light.

Posted Wed 24 Mar 2021 09.48 by Bramhall17

Yes Dexter. I think we all have to reconcile ourselves that currently there is no actual cure for psoriasis just a plethora of ways to alleviate the symptoms. Some seem to give people relief others are useless.Different things seem to work for different people and to different degrees Then there are the heavy duty drugs, where you are given a list of potential side-effects as 'long as your arm'. I've avoided that but I can understand if your psoriasis is chronic or you have pain then maybe you have to resort to that. I sympathise with such people As I outlined on another thread (D3) having personally had a cranky old herbalist give me a foul tasting medicine which eliminated the lesions within 2 months I'm persuaded as he said that " you have to push it out not in". But I also see that to try to calm the skin lotions can be helpful. I tried U.V many years ago but personally I've not found the sun helps my P. I'll look at that again as I persume the equipment available is more advanced these days.

To take part, sign in or register with us