Dairy free

Posted Mon 5 Apr 2021 10.40 by Tracyjane

Has anyone found going dairy free helped with their psoriasis Thanks

Posted Tue 6 Apr 2021 11.32 by CBMan

I'm not sure what effect it had on my psoriasis, but I also have psoriatic arthritis (PsA) and I do find that dairy, particularly milk and yoghurt had a negative impact on that. Consequently I have been mostly dairy free (apart from occasional cheese) for about a decade. It seems likely (to me) that if it can affect PsA it may also affect psoriasis.

Posted Tue 6 Apr 2021 13.18 by Tracyjane

Thankyou. I just wondered as the day after Easter my sons skin was. Really bad. I’m going to try him with goats milk.

Posted Sat 10 Apr 2021 22.17 by CBMan

Best of luck. I've gone the rice milk route.

Posted Sun 11 Apr 2021 07.54 by Tracyjane

Hi yes I think rice milk is better than goats Thankyou

Posted Sun 13 Jun 2021 14.02 by Mary1968

Hello Tracyjane It is pretty well-known that dairy from cows, can make psoriasis worse for some people Certainly the case for me I am fine with organic butter and ghee in small quantities. But cows milk, cheese, cream, yogurt, ice-cream and all those other delicious dairy products, flare me up really badly. I don't like goats milk, sheeps milk, hemp milk and oat milk. My alternatives tend to be, coconut cream as an alternative to ice-cream, cashew milk for cheesecakes, almond milk for porridge and chai lattes, rice milk for muesli. Our local grocers has recently started selling camel milk. It is really expensive, so I haven't tried it yet - but apparently it is really good for psoriasis.

To take part, sign in or register with us