Cannabis Oil

Posted Wed 20 May 2015 14.32 by Dutson71
Since I was 5yrs old

There is a lot on social media lately around people using Cannabis Oil to help psoriasis, do you know anything about this? I have suffered from psoriasis for nearly 40yrs, since I was 5, and have had Psoriatic Arthritis since 21. I have been on numerous horrible meds, Methotrexate, Neurol among others for the psoriasis and the arthritis. I have been reading up on this new treatment and to be honest I think it might be worth ago, unfortunately no idea where I can this from in the UK without the Old Bill nicking me, ha. I would appreciate anyone who has tried this or knows where best to purchase, where it isn't a scam and waste my hard earned cash. Be great to hear peoples comments. Cheers and have a good day wotever your up to. :) Shell

Posted Wed 20 May 2015 21.55 by skroez
Everyday life, from my skin to my joints and muscles. weight gain from meds. water retention in legs. Tiredness, Self esteem, and anxiety.

Hi Shell I think you mean CBD which is in exotic plants of the herb kind. You can look up CBD here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol A lot of strains where grown stronger for THC, the stuff that makes you high, but many people dislike being high or like use weed without being to high, like one would choose how much alcohol is in wine is for them, for instance. But due to probation you can never know how much THC to CBD you're buying. Also CBD has a natural way of reducing some mental illnesses that may or not, be caused by high THC use. Anyway more and more results mainly from the states where weed has become legal and decriminalised. Many of these features for CBD as been known for years on both sides of the coin, Just big pharma can't make money from weed. I smoke a small amount at night to help with itching, pain from arthritis and sleep etc. But CBD is available in the UK from oil's to small amounts you can vape from various places, including amazon. They are finding out more and more uses and treatments. Its useful to keep up to date on the research. If I was you, Please do more research online esp if your new to weed. heres a link to amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=CBD&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ACBD Good luck & all the best, This is my first post here or anywhere online about P.. so will have some Q's of my own soon.. Take care.. Kevin..

1 Posted Fri 24 Nov 2017 09.50 by SB1 (edited Fri 26 Jan 2018 14.34 by SB1)

Hi Shell, I have come across some very helpful articles when researching medication to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis. I found this article to be very helpful when explaining what CBD is and its benefits - https://draxe.com/cbd-benefits/  And this article to give me information directly in relation to psoriasis - https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-cbd-can-relieve-psoriasis-by-balancing-immune-systems-response-n423 I know that CBD is legal in the UK at the moment, I'm pretty sure you can buy it from health food shops such as this one - https://www.healthrack.co.uk/cbd-oil I hope this helps!

Posted Tue 6 Feb 2018 19.55 by Sazy87

Hi Shell, I've recently bought hemp seed oil (cannabis oil) which I bought on Amazon. It's completely legal to buy as it doesn't contain the THC which causes the high. I have noticed a change in my psoriasis, I currently have it on my arms, knees face and scalp and it seems to have calmed it down. I'm noticing a lot of the plaques I have now seem to have "healthy" skin in the centre. I've only had it for a week and I tend to run a warm bath and add coconut oil and about a tbsp of hemp oil. I usually soak in the bath for about 20 minutes. It's still early days but I am impressed with the changes I've seen so far! Sazy

Posted Tue 6 Feb 2018 20.14 by David_1152

Yep. First post also. CBT oil works for me. Does seem to need to be 15% or above. Haypresto no more itching. No more skin falling off. And the psoriasis is getting smaller. Best treatment I've ever tried. I put it direct on my skin at night. Getting my mother to try it was interesting... Your putting what on your skin?? Interestingly she's now asking me to get her the next bottle. I'd recommend this to anyone.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 2018 20.32 by littlegirlblue83

Sazy and David - which ones have you bought? Thanks

Posted Thu 15 Feb 2018 07.55 by new to it

Sazy - is hemp oil to be taken orally or is it an oil you smear on the skin ?

Posted Thu 15 Feb 2018 08.28 by mollygoldie

You can use hemp oil for both I think but it is very expensive - £20 for 10ml and it is supposed to be taken in drops under the tongue twice a day. it is supposedly anti inflammatory and pain relieving. Holland and Barret have it on special offer until 20 March for half price £9.99 so now is a good time to start trying it. not a nice taste, but you hold the drops under your tongue(no taste) for 60-90 secs then swallow. Most of it should have been absorbed by then. suck a sweet or drink water or juice for after.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 2018 10.57 by Sazy87

You can do both, I haven't tried it orally but I've been mixing it with coconut oil and applying it to my skin. I bought mine from Amazon. It was £8.99 for 500mls I think, so not too bad.

Posted Wed 7 Mar 2018 14.40 by Blossom
Istarted with psoriasis 10 months ago.Im on creams and hospital treatment.Sometimes i feel very low,and do,nt want to leave the house.

Hi ,After reading your post,I'm very interested in trying Hemp seed oil.I have a lot of Psoriasis after a throat infection,4 years ago and I'm on medication for it.But I'm just wondering as to how much do you use

Posted Wed 7 Mar 2018 15.04 by mollygoldie

I have been using CBD oil orally for three weeks solid now, twice a day, three drops each time under the tongue and hold for 90 secs before swallowing. It is currently on offer at Holland and Barrett at half price (£9.99). it is too expensive for the tiny amount to put in bath or directly on skin - someone above referred to getting 500ml for £8.99 on amazon, this is not the same thing and must be a dilute solution called hemp oil,which is not the same as CBD for oral consumption.However it might help. I have found a lot of improvement in my psoriasis. This was getting worse and I had developed very livid patches on both arms and on both legs that were unsightly and itchy. these are all pale pink patches now and a good body make up I found that covers them well enough now for swimming and for risking exposing arms. However, I am a great one for throwing everything at the problem and I have also been taking vitamin d pills ever day for the same time, and have also been trying a lotion (exsorais) which helps removes scales and allows cortisone (in gel form 1% solution) to get onto skin a lot better. I don't really know which of these has helped most. However I also have psoriatic arthritis which was really paining me and that has improved too very noticeably even during the very cold snow period we have just had (or maybe because? who knows?) and I think I tend to put this down to the CBD oil

Posted Wed 21 Mar 2018 00.47 by Ashthj (edited Wed 21 Mar 2018 00.51 by Ashthj)

After failed treatments from my GP, I have joined this site and read a few threads about CBD oil and also Hemp oil (don't confuse the two, do your research!) I looked into it and took the plunge. CBD oil under the tongue every day and a hemp oil bath every second day, and after only a week I'm feeling less itchy and scaly and looking a lot less red and patchy. It may not be for everyone but if you are running out of things to try I would recommend giving it a go, and take the lowest dose of CBD at first just in case it doesn't agree with you. Holland and Barrett have a safe low dose one that is good for starting with, and not too expensive either, although there are many many more out there. Just thought I'd share my experience. FYI I experience psoriasis all over my legs, feet, back and arms, so it was really affecting my life! I would also heartily recommend tissue salts taken oraly, bought from any health shop really. Good for general health and wellbeing.

Posted Thu 5 Apr 2018 07.40 by Grandey (edited Thu 5 Apr 2018 07.47 by Grandey)

I am recently taking the CBD oil as my friend told me that it can help me to ease my lower back pain and as she recommended these, I read this along the way that proven me to use the CBD oil https://www.greenmed.io/blog/young-girl-becomes-first-texas-receive-medical-cannabis-oil/ and i know i am, not the only one who uses this for medicine. Can anybody tell me if this has an effect on my body?

Posted Thu 5 Apr 2018 19.15 by Alicia/Nick

Hi all! I’m new here! My partner Nick has had psoriasis a few years now and has tried most of the treatments. He has just started using the CBD oil, we bought from Holland & Barrat. He hasn’t noticed a difference yet. But he has ran out of cream to use. We will be getting a stronger dosage next time! Alicia.

Posted Thu 5 Apr 2018 19.20 by Ashthj

Hi Alicia, I'd highly recommend bathing in Hemp oil and well as taking the CBD by mouth. I can't just do one or the other, I have to do both for my psoriasis to be under control Hope it helps him. Ash

Posted Tue 24 Apr 2018 23.48 by KC

I have had great results from taking CBD/THC cannabis oil. I have severe psoriatic arthritis, and began taking CBD a year ago. I recently was asked to write about my story, "The Miracle of Cannabis CBD Oil.". After a year, I can now walk without a CANE!! Here is my story. I hope it can help someone. ~ KC https://psoriatic-arthritis.com/stories/the-miracle-of-cannabis-cbd-oil/

Posted Tue 19 Jun 2018 18.30 by Kiff

My daughter has had psoriasis for 8 years now, and all the different medications from the doctors/dermatologists were not helping at all and had horrible side affects!! After tons of research and questions on diff forums... we found and purchased a Full Spectrum CBD Lotion. The results are Night and Day!!!!! Just amazing!!! Just after one day of using the lotion it looked 50% better!!! She said there is no burn, or sting. Relaxes the skin, and helps heals the surface while calming the skin underneath. She is very happy to show off her ankles this summer and not hide!!! I Highly recommend CBD products for anyone with P!!!! Either a topical CBD or an oral... Both are beneficial Good Luck!!!

Posted Fri 22 Jun 2018 09.32 by mr happy

Hi Kiff. can you tell me where you got the Full Spectrum CBD Lotion from ? would like to try it . thanks for your help

Posted Sat 23 Jun 2018 22.53 by Gaming Empty Nester

I take cbd - NOT thc for my pain it works but be warned that not all formulations are equal and you may be buying a formulation that contains very little cbd. Do yout homework before purchasing.

Posted Sat 6 Oct 2018 01.54 by Gilad1

david_1152, can you please tell me the daily dose that you use? I have a 15% CBD concentrate that I wish to use for my adult son but don't know the dose that works. Thanks

To take part, sign in or register with us