Wine the healer??

Posted Sat 30 May 2015 08.42 by scc

Last year I stopped drinking lager in case my psoriasis was caused by a gluten intolerance and instead enjoyed a glass of wine and to my joy within a month my skin cleared up to an extent I even considered wearing shorts for the first time in 10 years! After missing a pint I decided to try cider instead of lager as its gluten free and now my psoriasis has come back with a vengeance. My doctor wants me to take ciclosporin which I a not keen on. I have tried all the other usual treatments over the years. I would be really interested to know what in the wine cleared my skin or what in the pints inflames it? I know alcohol is bad for P and I am not a massive drinker but I do like to drink socially. To me it looks like my skin problems are caused by something dietary but the doctor said there is no link between diet and P so wouldn't investigate further. Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be the link and what I should do to investigate what if any intolerances I have which could be causing the skin issues?

Posted Wed 23 Sep 2015 15.16 by Blossom
Istarted with psoriasis 10 months ago.Im on creams and hospital treatment.Sometimes i feel very low,and do,nt want to leave the house.

Hi,im not a big drinker either,but i was a lover of a brandy and lemonade.I used to notice how my psoriasis flared up the following day.So now i have a white wine and i have also noticed how my psoriasis has calmed down.Its still there but paler,and not so itchy.Im also going to try a gluten free diet.See if it helps.

To take part, sign in or register with us