Flare ups, advice on prednisolone and starting methotrexate

Posted Sun 9 May 2021 23.17 by Carol

I've had psoriasis for 37+ years. In the last 5 weeks I experienced a massive flare up like no other. My feet and hands where swollen, large patches of skin that I can only describe as a burning feeling abd intense itching My scalp is covered. I was in so much pain over my body.. Luckily it is now somewhat under control. Still experience burning and pain with some of the patches. At the time of the flare up I was prescribed an antibiotic - flucloxacillin, it was felt at the time I had an infection. I was also monitored daily by GP , as my symptoms of shivering and not able to control body temperature, are similar to sepsis. Luckily antibiotics helped. Recently had an appointment with a dermatologist, prescribed prednisolone 30mg for 5 days reduced dosage of 5mg the next 5 days till it stops. Has anyone in this group been prescribed this and has it been effective? I have also been offered methotrexate once my blood test and xray results are ok? Again can anyone tell me about their experiences of taking methotrexate and working full time please. After exploring triggers to this flare up, GP, myself and dermatologist suspects the 1st dose of covid vaccination. The above description of flare up occurred 7 days after vaccination.

To take part, sign in or register with us