A bit of a wobble

Posted Mon 10 May 2021 01.34 by Lightup77

Hi everyone. I just joined this site and omg its like finally there is someone out there who can understand this hell. I was diagnosed last Friday and started methotrexate Monday. I've never felt so unwell physically or mentally. I am shuffling around my home trying to do all the "normal" chores of taking care of my family and I just can't. I keep trying to push through. My brain says you can do this and my body just laughs. As the main breadwinner for my family I dont know how I can carry on. I dont know that I can do this. I'm not sure what's worse the horrendous joint pain and swelling or the hangover from hell with Methotrexate. Sorry for the downer post - just looking for some positive stories that this will settle and I'll get my life back.

Posted Mon 10 May 2021 15.23 by toothlady66

Hi This time last year I was struggling to walk properly and my right ring finger was swollen. I started methotrexate a year ago adjusting the doses a few times and now I feel so much better. I can move normally and I can use my hand properly. I am lucky as I don’t have side effects from the methotrexate.It takes a few weeks for it to show effects so don’t despair yet! Good luck !

To take part, sign in or register with us