HEALED! Guttate Psoriasis - sharing my story

Posted Mon 10 May 2021 09.33 by healedandhappytohelp

Hi loves, I am writing here because I have experienced it all, went through all the ups and downs and found my hope on this page and I wanted to give back. I don't want to dive too deep into the whole symptoms, but I had it ALL! Heavy outbreaks on ALL of my body. Joint pain and swelling. Terrible mood. Lost hope, gained hope. Tried different treatments... etc. But here's the thing with most types of guttate psoriasis - that there is always an underlying trigger (often times it's the strep bacteria) and the challenge is finding the source in your body. So before I found my reason for the outbreak I found a creme that helped me to get rid of 80-90% of the spots: Xamiol gel. After checking all possible places in the body that could have a strep infection - we couldnd't find it LOL! I got multiple negative strep tests in the throat (BUT I KNEW THE TONSILS WERE THE REASON!) I just want to say, PLEASE follow your gut even if there is not enough proof. So yeah, basically I went to my doc, told him about my frequent tonsilitis and he told me clinically I don't have enough reason to remove them and if I would go for the relatively risky surgery (for grown ups its risky) then it would be my risk etc. Long story short: they removed the tonsils did a biopsy and found that the strep was all along inside my tonsils, too deep to be seen in the swaps. After the surgery I never had flare-ups again! I still see sensitivities to certain foods, but the sun is my only medicine now. And to be completely honest, its nothing. Sometimes I see a little rose dot in the "old spots" but its usually gone the next day and NOBODY sees this, not even my partner (who has been with me through it all). So it is all gone. I feel like my old self again. Please don't give up! There is a way out! I know how hard it can be... on these hard days - remember that there are many who are on the other side of it and you will get there soon! Sending all my love, Nata

Posted Mon 10 May 2021 10.05 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 12 May 2021 09.18 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

healedandhappytohelp: Xamiol gel contains exactly the same active ingredients in the same concentrations as Dovobet gel, and Enstilar foam (calcipotriol and betamethasone). However, I think sometimes the excipient can make a difference for some people, where one form of the ingredients seems more effective than another, or they might find it easier to apply one form rather than another - and this might improve their experience and outcomes. It is certainly helpful to hear of different options, and different experiences.

To take part, sign in or register with us