I need moisturisers!

Posted Mon 17 May 2021 00.37 by MyaAshley (edited Mon 17 May 2021 00.38 by MyaAshley)

Hi everyone, I’m a regular user of diprobase to treat my P, but I feel like it doesn’t do much anymore and it doesn’t even moisturise my healthy skin. I’ve used aveno, e45 and palmers coconut one and they work but super expensive as I use 2 bottles a week! I need some recommendations for new moisturisers to try that will stop my skin being so dry. Also some alternatives to eumavate Thank you!

Posted Mon 17 May 2021 08.11 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Mon 17 May 2021 14.48 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

the very best I have found are: Doublebase Gel, and Doublebase Dayleve Gel. You can get them in small tubes to try, and in 500g pump dispensers. The "Doublebase Gel" rubs in pretty well completely. The "Doublebase Dayleve Gel" has an additional ingredient, it leaves a barrier-film on the skin. I came out in guttate psoriasis all over my torso 3 years ago, and the itching was awful. I tried almost everything I could find on the market, MooGoo, childs farm, diprobase, Aveeno, E45, The Dayleve Gel was excellent and my all-time favourite. My late mother was in a care home for her last 5 years and they used Doublebase Gel twice a day to keep their less mobile resident's skin moisturised and protected.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 2021 13.42 by Mary1968

Hello MyaAshley I stopped using chemical based cosmetics years ago, so cannot recommend anything like that. My recommendation would be something natural and safer, like food grade, (unrefined) cold pressed macadamia nut oil It is light and non-greasy A little goes a loooooooong way, so good for saving money in the long run. Absolutely lovely on healthy skin, makes your skin soft, helps protect against wrinkles, and the anti-inflammatory fatty acids (Omega 3 and Omega 6) are very healing for psoriasis If you are allergic to nuts, then wheatgerm oil and apricot oil are very good alternatives. I like coconut oil for psoriasis use, but would never use it on healthy skin. I totally avoid anything containing perfume, sodium lauryl sulfate, mineral oil, parabens, artificial colours, and alcohol, as find far too drying for the skin. Never used MooGoo myself, but I have heard it is useful.

To take part, sign in or register with us