Makeup for psoriasis/dry skin conditions

Posted Tue 18 May 2021 16.04 by ascxleo

Hello :) I’m a 25 year old female who first developed psoriasis at the age of around 19/20. I developed small, dry, scaly patches all over my body, including my face. As you can imagine, being a young woman who loved to wear makeup and takes pride in her appearance, this affected me negatively. I searched and searched tirelessly for a foundation which would cover my psoriasis, without my skin going patchy or the foundation clinging to my psoriasis and making the texture of my skin appear 10 times worse. Finally, I found a foundation which worked (makeup forever HD foundation). It wasn’t specifically catered to people with psoriasis or dry skin conditions, but I found it was the only foundation that would cover my psoriasis for hours without it going noticeable or patchy. I wanted to ask any ladies out there (or gentleman): 1. What do you personally struggle with when it comes to makeup and psoriasis? 2. What products do you wish were out there? Or what products do you currently enjoy but wish was a little different to cater more to dry skin? 3. What complaints do you currently have about the beauty and industry and dry skin condition? 4. Why is it you personally cover your psoriasis? What would give you more confidence for the times when your psoriasis has flared up? 5. What type of finish would you expect or be looking for from a foundation? (E.g long lasting, matte/dewy finish etc) I would love to hear your opinions and ideas :)

Posted Sun 20 Jun 2021 19.10 by steph

I would LOVE to find a decent fake tan that will give me some nice colour without sticking to my p or drying out and making my skin ten times worst in the long run because of all the chemicals they put in.( the main one that actually turns you brown is the worst for your skin but i cant remember the name of it) its in all fake tans otherwise you dont get the colour. I can only hope! Steph

Posted Sun 20 Jun 2021 19.50 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sun 20 Jun 2021 21.39 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Steph: I put Fake Tan into the search at the top of this page, then selected the "Forum" tab. Here is one result that might help you: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=1253 Good luck.

Posted Sun 20 Jun 2021 21.27 by steph

Thankyou will take a look.steph

To take part, sign in or register with us