Scalp Psoriasis-I've tried everything, what should I do?

Posted Wed 25 Aug 2021 19.18 by Jazz

hey everyone, I developed scalp psoriasis about 2 1/2 years ago. it was terrible, and i lost half my hair. I don't scratch it, but i find it very hard to resist the urge to pull at the plaques, especially when it builds up and will hurt so much that i cant lay my head down without pain. Initially I did a bunch of steroid treatments recommended to me by my dermatologist, such as ketoconazole shampoo, and t/sal, among other things. It worked for about a year before it started coming back. I then found out about Dr. Pagano's diet, and its pretty similar to what other people have mentioned. Basically, you stay away from: red meat, sugar, gluten(white flour specifically), peanuts, nightshades, and alcohol, just to name the big ones. I honestly would recommend buying his book if your interested and really really, follow it to the letter. Within 4 months my plaques where almost completely gone, I could move my hair freely, and pull it into any type of pony which was such a blessing. Now, its been over a year since I did the diet, and the problem for me was that I developed eczema as well midway through the year, and I was told to go on another diet by a private nutritionist. The combined diets got really difficult for me, and I ended up cheating slightly on my psoriasis diet. I had also stopped doing treatments because I thought it was gone. 2 months ago it came back, and worse than before. I've basically pulled out half my hair. I'm restarting the diet, and praying that it works. I honestly just want to shave all my hair off at this point, its gotten so painful. I cant do any biologics because I'm to young, and I'm concerned about the side affects. But if this diet doesn't work, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I try to stick with natural stuff, for health reasons, but does anyone have any recommendations? Does shaving really help? Is there any other things to try?

Posted Fri 27 Aug 2021 07.30 by rose

I have scalp psoriasis . I have tried several treatments and the psoriasis always comes back.Is there any new treatments that I can try. Thank you. ML

Posted Tue 28 Sep 2021 08.51 by Lynsey

Hi Jazz I feel for you I have had scalp/body psoriasis for 37 years ! I have just started using a silicone scalp brush with fantastic results. I have posted more info on this in a seperate chat. Although I spelt psoriasis wrong ! 😩 If you look in psoriasis experiences and search silicone scalp brush you should find it. Good luck !! Xx

To take part, sign in or register with us