Rebound effects

Posted Thu 4 Nov 2021 21.57 by AKR

Hi. I'm new here. I've had psoriasis for about 20 years. Started on elbows and was given a corticosteroid to use. It cleared up but when I stopped using it, I got a rebound effect with patches all over my body which lasted for years (light treatment didn't work). I then used Exorex which worked for a few years but stopped. I was recently given Enstillar (d3/corticosteroid) as I had a few new patched. I tapered off as advised to stop a rebound effect. But I've got one! I now have several new patches and they're very painful. Although Enstillar would help, as soon as I finish all the new patches come back and Exorex isn't doing anything. Has anyone had similar experiences and found something that worked? Thanks

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 18.59 by Geminitiger

Hi Yes exactly that with Enstillar,it works extremely quickly and effectively so after just a few days use the P has almost disappeared and in a lot of areas has, then taper off and a week or so later find I get Guttate type P in new places and the Plaque P comes back albeit a bit slower. as I put in another post re the vaccine,im into my 2nd week , no Nightshades no Cow protein eg milk yogurt cheese but use Goats and Gluten free once more, I've tried these thing separately over the years with not a lot of improvement but this time im doing all three at once and after just about 3/4 days my skin is far less itchy if at all and the plaques aren't building,im quite surprised but its early days so will continue as I don't find it difficult eliminating those things. Shall be buying the Pagano book to see if that has anything I can add, maybe the saffron and slippery elm, oh and I read Edgar Cayce on P in the 80's ,interesting guy

Posted Thu 18 Nov 2021 16.53 by Poeticlulu

Hi I wish I'd taken this step this morning and read your posts. I'd been uncertain about whether to start using Enstillar again and decided I would this morning!. I've just reached my limit without anyone to talk to about my psoriasis so thought I'd better find a UK group. I'd found a global forum which seemed to be mostly US sufferers. I've a 5 or 6 ointments and creams from the dermatologist none of which has done anything except make my guttate psoriasis worse. I found that Enstillar seemed to be having a positive effect but then other lesions would appear as the original ones got better! And my chest erupted when I used it there the first time. I couldn't take any more - my pot of stress was overflowing - as it's difficult to spray on the areas I can see, never mind my back, so I stopped. My 'old' other psoriasis has been fine, hardly a flare up at all. Strange. I've not been helped by the fact that my return appointment to the dermatologist was delayed - because of Covid they'd no idea when it would be and the whole hospital is experiencing burn out apparently - and there was no response to my phone request for help. Saw the GP instead so I could talk things through and decide what to use for the fungal infection that arrived with the psoriasis as the dermatologist's prescription made it worse! I've had pustular psoriasis on the soles of my feet for 40 years and just lived with it and use homeopathic creams to ease it a bit. But after my flu jab last November - not had one before - my skin erupted all over my body - then I had the 2 Covid jabs. Accompanied by some homeopathic help which may have eased the reaction. Didn't know what it was - and neither did 5 dermatologists (!) I saw initially - was my GP who said it's guttate psoriasis. Even when the other psoriasis was bad it was nothing like this. It's left me depressed, distressed and in despair - with lockdown and other stuff too. Plus I've had an outbreak of warts too. They are responding to the homeopathic cream I've been prescribed and slowly disappearing. I'm a lot more positive now I'm managing to sleep better. I'm now using salt and lavender baths to ease the itching; aloe vera jelly to help with the burning sensation and Calendula cream. I also found on the US forum information about using Donna Eden's Energy medicine - that's working with your meridians and chakras - which I do anyway regularly read and listen to Prune Harris's videos - she's the UK practitioner of it - plus Emotional Freedom Therapy which I've also had in the past but not for this. So I'm tapping and brushing every morning after my meditation ! I need a red pinpoint laser light which apparently helps with the itching but not found one yet. Just getting books about diet - got Lianne Campbell's 10 powerful steps to clear psoriasis. today and expecting the Pagano one at the end of the week. I read about Cayce's work back in the 80s when I first had psoriasis. It's all in the gut apparently! I've always resisted doing much to change my diet - food is a pleasure - and I do try and eat and drink wisely and sensibly. I have been told by my GP that guttate p will go eventually. But am very encouraged by the results you're finding. I don't know if any of that helps. I've not been given Exorex so can't comment. But I feel better now I'm on this forum.

To take part, sign in or register with us