HS CRP levels

Posted Sat 20 Nov 2021 23.56 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Hi Anyone had high-sensitivity C-reactive protein result of 6 mg/L ? Not sure if concerned or not as turns out it's very high for heart risks. Having psoriasis disease I know higher risk for heart disease and NAFLD (which I also have) but was wondering if anyone else has this.

Posted Wed 1 Dec 2021 16.33 by Dawn55

Mine was 14 because I have massive flare up of psoriatic arthritis I come off certain medication and everything flared up also got fibromyalgia

Posted Wed 1 Dec 2021 17.16 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Dawn55, It's just seems an endless list of issues other than just psoriatic disease! I've also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but rather that arthritis. I get lots of moving joint issues with no noticeable swelling and loads of back, neck, hip, rib pain.

Posted Wed 1 Dec 2021 17.22 by Dawn55

Yes I'm exactly the same it's like I have sore joints if that makes sense and feel like my nerve endings are on fire I know it's because I come off citroplam which helps psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia but it was causing other issues

Posted Wed 1 Dec 2021 17.31 by Sizzy

I also started getting a tingling/pulsing/vibrating sensation in my feet and going up my legs whilst on Humira. It almost feels like I can feel the blood pumping through. Had 3 MRIs, nerve conductive tests and various other things and they come with nothing other than fibro! X

Posted Wed 1 Dec 2021 17.35 by Dawn55

I've not had mri for over 2 years due to pandemic just doctors done blood test to check my levels

Posted Wed 1 Dec 2021 18.13 by Dawn55 (edited Wed 1 Dec 2021 18.45 by Dawn55)

Also noticed dizzy spells and racing heart and feeling cold then hot very sore joints unable to do things that I done before it's just endless no not had covid

Posted Wed 1 Dec 2021 18.32 by Sizzy

Dawn55, have you had covid? The reason I ask is my sister had covid Christmas last year and has been unwell since. Her new cardiologist has suggested it's changed her immune system and possibly caused onset POTS and related illnesses. Just a thought x

Posted Wed 7 Feb 2024 10.11 by riteshsynergy01 (edited Wed 7 Feb 2024 10.12 by riteshsynergy01)

0.3 mg/dL - 1.0 mg/dL is considered a minor elevation in CRP levels. It can be seen due to minor infections like the common cold or a chronic condition like diabetes. Older adults, pregnant people, especially those in the second trimester, people living a sedentary lifestyle or those who are obese may also have minor elevations. 1.0 mg/dL - 10 mg/dL is considered moderate elevation. This needs to be investigated because it signals a significant problem. It may be due to an acute infection, a chronic inflammatory issue, due to heart disease, etc. Levels above 10 mg/dL are considered to be marked elevation. Other factors and symptoms should be taken into account, and an investigation should be done in this case because it suggests an inflammatory issue. Above 50 mg/dL is considered a severe elevation or dangerous level of CRP, which is seen in acute bacterial infection. It requires immediate treatment.

To take part, sign in or register with us